• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone answer my question?

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
      Can someone answer my question?
      NO. Ask, the writers of Lost. They re probably the only ones who know.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

So I can quite happily ignore the wierd bits?

Comment

And I wouldn't put my money on them knowing either, to tell you the truth.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

So I can quite happily ignore the wierd bits?
            Probably not, since one assumes the writers have put them in for some twisted reason that will become clear in 2 seasons from now..

One thing to keep in mind is how many connections between these people can be seen from these flashbacks.

Comment

I don't mind doing that GePap, I was just worried that I was the only person who did'nt "get it".

Comment

I don't think most people "get it" (I don't), but they go along, hoping it will one day make sense....

Which is why BSG is such a better show than Lost.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                  The new BSG is trully as great show. Sad that it has the SciFi stigma.
                  Though, perhaps it may help to elevate the genre. The fact it was named the #1 show by (IIRC) TV Guide, was an eyeopener to people who hadn't watched.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

...and Starbuck is a hottie!!

Comment

BY itself I doubt it could elevate the genre...

The problem is that, even thought its a great show, it still is stuck in SicFi Channel, with a low audience. I would love it for it to gtet a wider audience but I doubt it will, given how dark and controversial it can be.

Comment

...and Starbuck is a hottie!!
                        Starbuck

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

True... it'd work far better on TNT or USA or one of the 'big' cable channels. But it still has an effect. It keeps getting critical rave reviews meaning a bigger station may take a chance on a future sci-fi show with good writing where it may not have before.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

LOL@joncha.

You know the one I mean.....;O)

Comment

Yeah,. but that is the problem- good writing is rare. On any type of show, be it Sci Fi, drama, whatever.

That is the thing, BSG is great television not because it is sci fi, but because the writing is so good. Now, being sci fi allows the writers to tackle certain topics form a detached position (just like it allowed the Original Star Trek to be the first show to have an interacial kiss), but the key is writing.

In my view, BSG is not indicative of anything other than good writing = good TV. It shows that w ell writen Sci Fi show can be great, but B5 was well written as well, and being on syndication it probably had a bigger audience than BSG< but it still get denegrated for having aliens and spacships and so forth.

Comment

That's true, but B5 wasn't as much hyped up by critics. Once one Sci-fi show gets critical hype (not just favorable reviews, but hype), who knows where it will go?

Comment

Working...
                                X