No announcement yet.

New BSG is better than 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's been rumours of BSG moving over to NBC when season 3 starts. I'm not sure I want that, while the show deserves as much audience as it can, I'm afraid what ending up on a network like that would do to the show. Watering down and sugarcoating would probably only happen over Ron Moore's dead body, but he's only one man...
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Put it on at 10:00 then . The stuff I see shows like "Boston Legal" get away with, I think BSG would do well on that time slot.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
        There's been rumours of BSG moving over to NBC when season 3 starts.
        I hope not. NBC would probably change the time slot every other month before canceling the show in favor of the next generation of reality TV nonsense.

I'd rather watch SCI-FI/Comedy Central over Fox, ABC, CBS or NBC anyway.

Comment

Those rumours have been around ever since it got picked up, I'll believe it when I see it...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

The funny part is that even Olmos himself said he thinks that the show could achieve much more if it wasn't called "Battlestar Galactica".

I do have a somewhat foggy understanding of the American TV system, but I think I'd rather have BSG stay where it is. If I understand correctly, Sci-Fi isn't a "major" channel but rather specializes in airing Stargates, Galacticas and such. And then there are mainstream channels with a much larger audience and probably a much larger budget. If I understand that correctly, then BSG is better off staying where it is, because even the best sci-fi show ever would never be able to compete with reality TV crap that seems to occupy most showtime in all countries on all channels now.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

The Funny Part Is That Even Olmos Himself Said He Thinks That The Show Could Achieve Much More If It Wasn't Called "Battlestar Galactica".
              Hm, this is probably true. You could switch names and replace the mythos elements from BSG with self-invented ones, and you'd still have gold. The BSGness is really just a superficial element, and remaking BSG was just a handy way to attract attention, hype and funding.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                The funny part is that even Olmos himself said he thinks that the show could achieve much more if it wasn't called "Battlestar Galactica".

I do have a somewhat foggy understanding of the American TV system, but I think I'd rather have BSG stay where it is. If I understand correctly, Sci-Fi isn't a "major" channel but rather specializes in airing Stargates, Galacticas and such. And then there are mainstream channels with a much larger audience and probably a much larger budget. If I understand that correctly, then BSG is better off staying where it is, because even the best sci-fi show ever would never be able to compete with reality TV crap that seems to occupy most showtime in all countries on all channels now.
                BSG is a joint production of the Sci-Fi Channel and SkyTV of the UK, IIRC. I would like to see it moved over to one of the networks so that it would be shown in high definition.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

PLEASE DO NOT MOVE BSG TO NBC!!!!!! PLEASE

(...and this is coming from somebody who does not have the SciFi channel, because I refuse to pay an additional $50 per month for it, now that CONvict-cast decided to air SciFi in digital in the Chicago area)

I'll wait for the DVDs, thank you very much.

Now if they would just release season 2.5 soon...
                  Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                  ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

50 USD for one channel??? Is that serious?
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                      BSG is a joint production of the Sci-Fi Channel and SkyTV of the UK, IIRC. I would like to see it moved over to one of the networks so that it would be shown in high definition.
                      Hi-Def . That's my reason for supporting a move (or a rebroadcast on NBC Saturday night ).

[q=Solver]50 USD for one channel??? Is that serious?[/q]

No, it's not one channel, but you can't buy Sci-Fi seperately, as it is packaged with other channels.

And you really should go digital, hex. Better video quality! I wish Comcast in Atlanta moved Sci-Fi to digital .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                        Nah. One for the great things about BSG is that its quality stands in such stark contrast to its predecessor. I love the way new show has gotten around the major plot flaws in the original.

Is Sky One also involved in the new Dr Who, or is that another British company. I wonder if Sci-Fi Channel could resurrect "Space 1999" and turn it into a decent series? They'd probably have to rename it "Space 2019".
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                          Depending on how BSG develops in the next seasons, it just might perhaps surpass B5.

How you can compare BSG to such pap as 24 is mindboggling.
                          QFT!

@Joncha
                          The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

IIRC Doctor Who is and has always been strictly a BBC production.

I'm torn between getting Season 2.0 and Season 2.5 (once they're released in Europe ) separately and waiting for the entire Season 2 to show up in one box.

Comment

Working...
                            X