Larger memory MP3's [other than Apple]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larger memory MP3's [other than Apple]

Any mp3 products coming out in the forseable future that compare to Apple's relative monopoly on the 8gb+ line?

Or are they the only gig in town

I want so badly a mass mp3 storage device that's relative thin, without having to come back to the flake company that can't seem to construct its' batteries properly

The Zen 30gb and Dell models are interesting enough, but too old and bulky compared to Apple models. What's new?

Comment

So there's apparently this Archos GMini XS200 but it's ugly. Smallest 20g player

Comment

This Philips player looks like it could handle BETAmax

Comment

Rio Karma. HMMMM I DON'T KNOW.

Comment

Apple is the only gig in town.

The others are poor imitations. There's nothing wrong with the iPod battery life. My 30G iPod video gets about 14 hours in total. Less if I use the backlight a lot or watch video (the 60G iPod has about 20 hours).

Some people don't know how to use the battery. You are supposed to run it out and then fully charge it before you regularly start using it.

You can probably get a longer battery life elsewhere, but you will pay for it in increased size. The iPod with video is pretty thin.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Looks like iRiver's 20g model somewhat divorces itself from all other primitive looking timex glo style display, but still sub par looking..

Check out iRiver's 1GB effort though. Touch screen interface, and such a crisp looking unit. If they could develop that into a larger memory model, what an unreal product would become available

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

There's nothing wrong with the iPod battery life.
                That would seem biased. Have you used an iPod mini?

Some people don't know how to use the battery. You are supposed to run it out and then fully charge it before you regularly start using it.
                I ran it out and fully charged it as per instruction before regularly using it, and the battery still **** itself out. Not to mention class action suits claiming the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                  The Zen 30gb and Dell models are interesting enough, but too old and bulky compared to Apple models. What's new?
                  I bought a Zen Touch 40GB about 1.25 years ago so it is an older model now but there are smaller modern ones out there. If I was in the market for a new MP3 player then I'd consider getting one of those phones with built in camera, MP3 player, GPS, and FM radio. I just have to many gadgets to keep carrying them all so I want one gadget to replace the lot of them.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If I was just going for an MP3 player then I'd still stay away from the Ipod because most of my music collection is recorded in WMA lossless. My choice would be the Creative Zen Micro Photo since it will play just about anything Window's Media Player 10 will play and has a FM tuner and a voice recorder, both missing on the iPod and iPod nano. It weights in at 4 oz so it's light as a feather, has 8 GB of memory (that's good for a flash player), a 262,144 color screen, a 15 hour battery that actually lasts 15 hours (unlike the Ipod), and the sound quality continues to be superior to the Ipod according to just about every review published. Did I mention that it costs less and has a larger screen then the comparable Ipod model?
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I picked up a 6gig creative Neeon in Akihabara in December. It's got good battery life, voice recorder, line-in and FM radio and only needs Windows explorer to manage the files (outside software provided but not necessary)
                      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

I gots me a GP2X for MP3's and various other stuff.
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

My wife just sold her iPod and got a 30 gb Zen Vision M.

Beats the pants off the ipod in just about every way. The screen is absolutely fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka

That would seem biased. Have you used an iPod mini?
                            Those are old hat. The iPod nano has excellent battery life. It's easily the best in its class.

Creative's players are a bit of a joke. Hell, even Asher bought an iPod once the 5th generation came out.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Asher's iPod wiped his music collection and he is now pissed off.
                              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                              X