Clear All

Originally posted by BeBro
    The second list is racist
    How would you know, Herr 99.33 IQ?

You're like, worth less than me and stuff
    CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
      Nope. Ari Rahikkala = LightEning = the guy who made up his own language and posted it's grammar rules in Suomithreadi, excepting constructive criticism.
      Is that a type of context free grammar?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf

How would you know, Herr 99.33 IQ?

You're like, worth less than me and stuff
        I'm being oppressed here!

Mods, do something!

Blah

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

5 Kansas 102
          This definitely can't be right.

Comment

The media seems to be illiterate on science, Gangerolf´s chart is more accurate.

"I assume that Times UK story, along with the identical articles in a few other places, are just plugging Lynn's new book with this "new study" line, but many of the values they are reporting are actually 'Flynn corrected' values from Buj's 25 year old study. Buj's urban sampling was questionable and the extreme within-European differences they are reporting are nonsense, and are not supported by the data in Lynn's book. The book lists 8 studies for Germany, the average is 99. A 2003 standardization sample for the German WISC is 99, while an even bigger recent standardization for the Ravens shows the same thing. The same WISC standardization for France shows an IQ of 98, trivially different from the German result. The actual data in the book show no difference between Germany and Britain.

As for the Flynn Effect, since IQ data is stable over the life span, we actually have data from Britain going back to the mid 19th century - the IQ was about 56. I do not believe the Flynn Effect is a real rise in intelligence and it is not yet supported by any test validity literature, unlike some cross-cultural differences. It's like the Wicherts paper - group differences and Flynn differences are telling two different stories.

As for extrapolating IQ data back to the stone age, I think you are missing the point. Coon had little use for IQ but he was trying to explain the same thing. Same for Jared Diamond. The relative historical societal/technological development of European and Asian populations is a question thought to be related to the 20th century IQ data by Lynn, etc., but it isn't stemming from it. What's interesting is that modern puzzle pieces fit together with historical ones. I am skeptical but open that the major differences stretch back as far as Lynn thinks, but wouldn't be surprised if they were more recent. (See for instance this new study I uploaded at gnxp)"
            I need a foot massage

Comment

Are there really any smart Italians out there
              (except Leonardo and Super Mario)
              CSPA

Comment

Working...
              X