No announcement yet.

car experts- I need your advice on buying a new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mustang: 10000 parts all manufactured by the lowest bidder.

What a piece of garbage. Should have bought a real car.

Comment

Muscle cars

Dis

Explain to your mother the finer points of sexual selection, she'll understand.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I suppose if you want to call pig iron "muscle"...

Comment

Go poop on someone else's party!
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Can I poop on your lawns?

Comment

Yes, but I'll be waiting with a hose.

Comment

Hm, a challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  I did something really stupid. I bought a brand new Mustang.

This goes against all my economic sense. And my mother is kind of upset at me spending that kind of money. But oh well. I'm going to enjoy it while I'm still young.

And it's sweet. It's a GT 8 cylinder. So it really doesn't get any better gas mileage than my pickup. Though it is rated higher. The problem is I tend to drive it kind of fast. . I'm only going by the electronic dashboard gauge that is gauging my gas mileage. I haven't figured it out the old fashioned way yet.

I had it up to 120 mph during the test drive. And the salewoman was encouraging me to go even fasters. . I can only go so fast on Las Vegas freeways due to traffic. I might of had room to peg it out at 140 though. I'll eventually have to do that.

ended up paying $26,000 for it. I feel like I could have gotten it lower, as they agreed to it really quickly. The sticker price was $27,300. Oh well, I'm getting a little better at this haggling. I did better than I did with my last vehicle.
                  Sounds like a good buy.

Just sware to me you got the stick and not the automatic.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
                    The Mustang: 10000 parts all manufactured by the lowest bidder.

What a piece of garbage. Should have bought a real car.
                    Ignorance.

Believe it or not Ford and GM have very good quality though they continue to intentionally underengineer their cars. Instead of using multilink suspenions they'll use old swing alxe designs because, they claim, 95% of buyers will never push there cars hard enough to tell the difference so they don't want to waste money on things people don't use. I personally want the latest stuff if I'm spending what a new car costs.

Comment

Sounds like a good buy.

Just sware to me you got the stick and not the automatic.
                      Haha, a auto Mustang... what a horrific drive that would be.

Comment

Says the guy who not only hasn't driven one of the new ones but likely has never even seen one.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Ignorance.

Believe it or not Ford and GM have very good quality though they continue to intentionally underengineer their cars. Instead of using multilink suspenions they'll use old swing alxe designs because, they claim, 95% of buyers will never push there cars hard enough to tell the difference so they don't want to waste money on things people don't use. I personally want the latest stuff if I'm spending what a new car costs.
                          It’s a 4.6 litre V8 with just one camshaft, three valves per cylinder... a solid rear axle... what's the point of such a large engine if you're not going to use it properly?

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            Says the guy who not only hasn't driven one of the new ones but likely has never even seen one.
                            I've seen one, it didn't look that bad, but not that good either. The stats don't really add up to a good solid car which uses it's potential properly, and as such is simply a waste of fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius

It’s a 4.6 litre V8 with just one camshaft, three valves per cylinder... a solid rear axle... what's the point of such a large engine if you're not going to use it properly?
                              Did you know that that set up will produce more torque at a lower RPM then a multivalve, dual cam set up? I personally don't prefer this set up but the reality is multivalve engines are only more efficent at high rpm so what's the use if a car is mostly driven at low rpm by boring middle aged people?

what's the point of such a large engine if you're not going to use it properly?
                              I could turn this around and ask what is the point of multilink suspension, vented breaks, racing calipers, and a 10k rpm engine if you're not going to use it? Just realize that different cars are designed for different things. Ford made a design choice to spend more on the interior materials and what not instead of other things. Those are the types of trade offs companies make in order to produce a powerful car at a budget price range. If you want a really great sports car at a bargin price then look at the new Chevy Corvetts but realize you can buy two Mustangs for the price of one Corvett.

Comment

Did you know that that set up will produce more torque at a lower RPM then a multivalve, dual cam set up? I personally don't prefer this set up but the reality is multivalve engines are only more efficent at high rpm so what's the use if a car is mostly driven at low rpm by boring middle aged people?
                                I could turn this around and ask what is the point of multilink suspension, vented breaks, racing calipers, and a 10k rpm engine if you're not going to use it? Just realize that different cars are designed for different things.
                                You don't get the point I'm making though. Why buy a car with a V8 engine when it is going to be used at low revs? Torque isn't important at all in a car. What is important is what happens when grip is lost and the car is sliding. I am unsure what this fascination with torque is all about.

More to the point, why, being average boring middle aged monster, would you BUY a Mustang when you're going to be driving it at 54mph all the time wasting fuel through the equivalent of engine emptiness.

I'm struggling to understand the point of purchasing a big underused V8 engine here.

EDIT: DanSed...

Comment

Working...
                                X