Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching Topless Woman Bathe is required for potential immigrants to the Netherlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Datajack Franit

Their goal is NOT preaching their religion peacefully because they are persecuted in their own countries. They want to migrate to Europe because their countries suck.
    What I can't comprehend is how you can live in a country were you can't let your children out of the door and not think that country sucks very hard indeed.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

What I can't comprehend is how you can live in a country were you can't let your children out of the door and not think that country sucks very hard indeed.

They probably do think that your country sucks very hard.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az

They probably do think that your country sucks very hard.
        If so, why did they go here?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

teh financous.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

But it has been shown that terrorists come from the middle classes far more than the poor . Why is it that in Africa , poverty did not breed terrorism ?
            terrorism is really just guerilla with a culture of martyrdom...
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

ok, so it's ok to try to kill as many civies as possible. cool.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

But it has been shown that terrorists come from the middle classes far more than the poor .
                Yet another reason we need to do away with the middle classes.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

the Netherlands

Not sure why uber-religious Muslims would want to move to the Netherlands anyway -- there are other countries that are less liberal and less free where such uber-religious Muslims can find jobs and so on.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Less prosperous too.

Education as well. Main reason why I'm against religious schools. Too easy for them to brainwash.

The more educated you are the less likely you're to fall into pitfalls.

Comment

just to clarify

I dont think its wrong for the NL to try to keep out radical Islamists , who dont believe in tolerance for others. Or anyone else who doesnt believe in tolerance, including extremist christians, jews, Communists, etc. I just dont think that insisting on viewing topless bathers is a refined way to do that - it will toss out alot of people who might by copacetic with the existence of topless beaches, but who cant look at a pic of a topless beach without violating their beliefs.

I also think its fine to try to get immigrants who are more assimilable to your historic culture - like requiring knowledge of the language.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
                          Less prosperous too.
                          America is both more prosperous and more illiberal than the Netherlands. Clearly, they should go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

America is both more prosperous and more illiberal than the Netherlands. Clearly, they should go there.
                            Considering the fact that unlike European nations, America is a nation of immigrants first of foremost, I'd have to agree. It's the major difference between Europe and America - America has no predetermined culture that was formed by its natives in its own territory for many years. Changing America's culture with a new one formed by an influx of immigrants is far more acceptable than the countries such as France.
                            "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                            "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                            Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000
                              Changing America's culture with a new one formed by an influx of immigrants is far more acceptable than the countries such as France.
                              Considering that France is the European country that has the highest tradition of immigration, along with Britain, I find your assessment quite surprising.

France's cultural conservatism does exist, but it comes from reasons other than lack of immigrants.
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Considering that France is the European country that has the highest tradition of immigration, along with Britain, I find your assessment quite surprising.

France's cultural conservatism does exist, but it comes from reasons other than lack of immigrants.

thats like saying Jamaica has the best winter olympics team in the caribbean. Well not quite, but you get the concept.

I mean yeah, if youre talking to a Le Penist who says France has always been pure, it makes sense to point out everyone from marranos in Bordeaux, to Swiss bankers in Paris, to Italian and Irish in the late 19th c, and Poles and Hungarians in the 1920s, etc. But the numbers in France (and the UK, a similar story) are nothing like those in US, Canada, Australia. Heck, even if you exclude anglo saxons in those countries. And IIUC, France took a much less melting pot view with even those immigrants than the US or Canada did - 19th c Jews in France were much more assimilated, Italians more so than in the US, etc.

IIUC, one of the reasons wages were so high in late 19th c France, despite modest industrial growth was the lack of immigrants.
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X