No announcement yet.

NHL Fantasy League thread 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's more or less official, Detroit will eliminate Edmonton in the 1st round.

Vancouver loses again.

Edit: Or not, Carter scores. 3-3

Go Vancouver!

Vancouver wins in OT. Take that, Colorado! Suck it down!
    Last edited by Asher; April 16, 2006, 00:32.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Asher, you have multiple personality disorder?
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• I just prefer to play Anaheim over Colorado in the first round. So I need Colorado to stay in 7th.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I think Colorado is the easier team to beat for Calgary, but hey, I'm not a Colorado or Calgary fan, so I'm no expert.

Comment

• Colorado has too much offensive talent. We're better vs Anaheim.

Comment

• And sigh, the goahead goal for Calgary is waved off. Still 1-1...

Comment

• And Kiprusoff will get the Jennings trophy this year -- only team under 200 GA (195).

He also overtakes Hasek for #1 in GAA in the league.

Boucher will start vs Anaheim monday.
                Last edited by Asher; April 16, 2006, 01:00.

Comment

• J. Bacashihua ?

I've made my last moves, giving me complete rosters for Monday and Tuesday. I tried to pick guys that might help me steal PPP - I'd like to win on more than just Kipper.

If Asher's information about Kipper not playing Monday is correct, Getzlaf could be a good pick. I'm leaving Kipper in though, as I have the whole time, because it would have been cheap to sit him after the 1st, or even 2nd shutout.

Comment

• You have a goalie who is hot and playing for a team on a roll right now. I have a goalie who is not, and neither his defence nor his team can be said to be close to luke warm.

That is the luck of these things.

PS. Not even Huet would have saved me.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Weee... Devils win 10th in a row and are in striking distance of the Atlantic Division crown (they just need to win and have the Rangers lose the last game) !

NEVER would have predicted this 2 weeks ago.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I personally hope the Devils lose to the Habs on tuesday.

For the love of god, I hope they lose.

Comment

• I just signed for fantasygames and this is my team of 7 dudes. This isn't the best possible but I was looking for team dynamics, focus on few teams plus find few steals. Had 30 mil to spend, actually did it with 28.5 million.

G: Kipper

D1: Phaneuf
                            D2: Scott Niedermayer

C: Thornton
                            W1:Cheechoo
                            W2:Selänne

Extra Attacker: Jussi Jokinen

Some justifications for my selections, first off I wanted to start from the defense. Kipper was #1 choice, it cost a bit but it's worth it. I wanted someone from Flames defense as well, and Phaneuf was the definiton for STEAL.

Then to offense, I start from center so Thornton-Cheechoo pair is going to be a force in terms of virtual points, so I wanted them both, plus Cheechoo was relatively cheap so I figured Thornton was worth the price based upon that.

THen I took Selänne as another cheaper winger who is producing this season. He is playing with confidence now, scoring multiple point games all the time, back to back. So I considered him a steal as well.

But I was left with 2 mil to buy an extra attacker, this time I wanted to get someone unknown, from a solid team. Solid team, steal, perhaps young player who is producing. That would be Jokinen in my books so I took him, he has been good in virtual points as well so I took a risk with him, mostly based upon his team though (Stars).

I think it's pretty solid, except the extra attacker might be far fetched.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Also about team dynamics, I deliberately choose from same teams, defense arsenal from Flames, offensive power from San Jose (thornton cheechoo) and one winger plus one D from Anaheim. I think these teams are not dropping in the first round, unless they are paired up to face each other, and I think these folks will be a force.

I wanted to go with Philadelphia first but they seemed expensive, so I took the dynamic trio, Flames, Sharks and the Ducks...
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
                                I think these teams are not dropping in the first round, unless they are paired up to face each other
                                That's the problem, though. Right now, Calgary and Anaheim would be matched up in the first round. If that's the case, only one of your D-men survive. Not to mention if Calgary wins, Selanne would be out, and if Anaheim wins, Kipper would be out. However, if Colorado overtakes Anaheim for 6th in the West, then you have Anaheim-Dallas in the first round, and more conflicts. You would have been better to 1) have some Eastern players and 2) get some players from more sure-thing (as much as that can be the case) teams like Detroit.
                                Last edited by Kontiki; April 17, 2006, 12:11.
                                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                                X