No announcement yet.

F1 season 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It´s the first time in 5 years that I so completely missed a GP...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Yeah, the year started interesting, but now it's become boring - I catched up on a whole weeks newspapers "watching" the spanish race . The only spectactuary was Kimi gonig from 9 to 5 at the first turn - cadeaux for that, it was brilliant driving - after that .

I know that it never would be accepted, but I wish the finishing sequence was reversed in the next race (#1 starts as #22, #2 as #21 etc) - that could give some serious fighting
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The problem with reverse grids is that people start driving backwards. To shuffle a grid you need a random element so drivers don't know the best place to finish. However grid-shuffling, like success ballast, is vey un-Formula One.

Spanish GP: The British Touring Cars on Motors TV were more interesting. In fact so were the Formula BMW.

If both Honda & McLaren could get themselves a second a lap, the season could get interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorgal
          Booooring race, as usual in Barcelona. Montmelo is a crappy track. Bring back Jerez!!!! or at least try Valencia.

BTW Alonso controlled the race totally since the first lap. Incredible regularity for him until now: 1-2-1-2-2-1. This way it is impossible to lose the WDC.
          Actually went to see that one. It was boring, but the whole thing, the volume, the crowd (131 000 people), the fans in blue/yellow... is something!
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

Actually went to see that one. It was boring, but the whole thing, the volume, the crowd (131 000 people), the fans in blue/yellow... is something!
            I'll be experiencing the same thing in Montreal in a month.
            What?

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

Then you should go to Jerez MotoGP (200 000+). Not only the circuit but all the roads and cities in the region are full of bikes from everywhere in the world. It is crazy. Or Valencia, 211 500 last year, record of attendance i think. Spain is crazy with Motorsports.
              Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

No comments about Monaco weekend? Yes, maybe it is better that way (for MS at least).
                Last edited by Thorgal; May 29, 2006, 19:49.

Comment

What is there to say. Monaco manages to be even less interesting than the average F1 race. MS actually being punished for bending the rules was the highlight of the weekend.

As for the "race " itself - they started, didn't have a major pileup at the first corner, Kimi's Mercedes engine blew up again and the guy on pole won. What's new there?
                  Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

I disagree, this time the race was nice. Not the first places, but there were a lot of passing in the middle field. Much more than in the average Monaco race. In fact i think this was one of the races with more overtakes this season. Some Fisi´s banzai overtakes were incredible.

Comment

Wasn't a bad race, for Monaco. I just wish the Macca and Williams didn't keep blowing up and breaking down. Alonso wins are getting tedious. He's good, but he's lucky. I'd like to see him stretched more.

Comment

I disagree, this time the race was nice.

Some Fisi´s banzai overtakes were incredible.
                        True. Too bad we didn't get to listen in on his radio before these. Alonso was getting close to lapping him by then.

Also: Coulthard's fashion sense
                        What?

Comment

Wasn't a bad race, for Monaco. I just wish the Macca and Williams didn't keep blowing up and breaking down. Alonso wins are getting tedious. He's good, but he's lucky. I'd like to see him stretched more.
                          In fact Kimi race was lost before his engine blew up. When everybody pitted due to the SC and Alonso went out of the box ahead of Kimi the race was over.

This the first time Mercedes engine blow up this season IIRC. And it was curious since it was behind the SC, at very low speed. According to de la Rosa it was probably engine overheating maybe due to driver error.

Comment

In fact Kimi race was lost before his engine blew up. When everybody pitted due to the SC and Alonso went out of the box ahead of Kimi the race was over.
                            No it wasn't over. Alonso may have been shorter-fuelled than Kimi for the second stint.

Comment

Err... the safety car made that possibility irrelevant. Due to the SC everybody went into the pits at the same time and Alonso went out ahead of Kimi . After that there were not more pit stops. In any case it was the SC that benefitted Alonso, not Kimi engine failure.

Comment

I disagree, this time the race was nice. Not the first places, but there were a lot of passing in the middle field. Much more than in the average Monaco race. In fact i think this was one of the races with more overtakes this season. Some Fisi´s banzai overtakes were incredible.
                                QFT! For a Monaco race this was one of the most exciting in a long time
                                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                                X