No announcement yet.

Fred Stolen: Snakes on a Plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still holding out hope this is an increasingly elaborate hoax.

Comment

Wow. That's all I can say.. ... but what do you expect... there's SNAKES ON A PLANE!
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
        I am still holding out hope this is an increasingly elaborate hoax.
        I honestly can't decide if that would actually be more awesome than if it weren't a hoax.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Teaser trailer is up!

It's not an official trailer but it does show off some awesome looking action. Samuel L. Jackson fighting off a snake with a taser? Hell yeah!

And while you're at it, you can pre-order SNAKES ON A PLANE: THE NOVELIZATION from amazon now:

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
            And while you're at it, you can pre-order SNAKES ON A PLANE: THE NOVELIZATION from amazon now:
            Ladies and gentlemen, I can only assume that this is the penance we must pay for electing a functional illiterate as President.

EDIT: And there's not a damned thing we can do about it.
            Last edited by Guynemer; March 17, 2006, 20:40.

Comment

all i gotta say is, this is going to be a dog of a goddamn great movie.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                It's very easy to take out snakes in a controlled environment - just turn the temperature down. Then they won't be going anywhere.
                You see what you've done now? You've ruined it for everyone

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

PPttpptt.

Couldn't help it if the scriptwriters don't know basic biology.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

And if they had had urban ranger on the plane, they wouldn't have had a problem...

but they didn't.

they had snakes.
                    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                    Drake Tungsten
                    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                    Albert Speer

Comment

And Sam Jackson.

Who, let's be honest, would summarily execute UR for ruining everyone's fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                        I cannot wait for this movie and I only hope that it sweeps the Oscars next year.

SNAKES ON A PLANE
                        QFT
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

they would make it up to the oscars only if by portraiting a minority- those snakes! they better be gay!
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Awesome!
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                              they would make it up to the oscars only if by portraiting a minority- those snakes! they better be gay!
                              Maybe they'll all have pink feathers sticking out of them, like a feather boa
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                                Why? Don't snakes reach thermal equilibrium with their surroundings at basically the same rate that an inanimate object does?
                                Reptiles are poikilothermic - which means that their body temperature alters with the surrounding environmental temperature. The reason for this is that they do not generate and maintain body heat internally, but rely on external heat sources - ie they are ectothermic creatures - hence the common description "cold-blooded". As a result, when environmental temperatures increase a reptiles' activity increases, and vice versa, when environmental temperatures fall a reptiles' activity decreases. This does not mean that reptiles can survive in any temperatures, their bodily functions still have to operate within an optimum range of body temperature and if the environment is too hot (certainly over 36 degrees C) or too low (below 4 degrees C) it can be fatal.

Contrary to popular belief snakes and other reptiles do not necessarily have exactly the same body temperature as their environment - studies in some species of snake have shown that in cold weather it is often slightly higher, and this is due to heat generated within the body by muscle activity or physiological mechanisms; and if environmental temperatures are very high the body temperature may be slightly lower, so some reptiles do have slight control over their body temperature.

One can differentiate inanimate objects such as trees etc from their surroundings with IR. Therefore, one should also be able to differentiate a snake from its surroundings (but I cant say that I've ever personally either looked for or seen a snake with IR). Of course, a snake just "sitting" in one spot for a long time at a constant temp is gonna be hard to spot with IR.
                                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                                X