No announcement yet.

Barry Bonds... new book details performance enhancing drug use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think an interesting analysis would be power numbers from foreign-born Latino players, since that part of the world boasts easy, legal access to steroids, and players from there will do anything to get to the majors. In the 60s and 70s, the typical Latin player had fundamentals, good speed, good glove, but rarely had power.

Snoop, the heroin reference was hyperbole, trying to highlight how ridiculous it is that speed wasn't banned until now.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I think an interesting analysis would be power numbers from foreign-born Latino players, since that part of the world boasts easy, legal access to steroids, and players from there will do anything to get to the majors. In the 60s and 70s, the typical Latin player had fundamentals, good speed, good glove, but rarely had power.

Though you can expect every generation of a certain race to be exactly the same kind of players. As they got more and more baseball training (through academies) at younger and younger ages, new generations defintately could have developed power.

After all, they could have channeled the work they would put into speed/glove into contact/power. Lord knows there are plenty of Latinos in the majors who can't run and can't field (I'm looking at you, Manny).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Understood. But it's not as if the sabrmetricians are the sould of rigor in statistical analysis. I just think it would be an interesting study.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
        X