No announcement yet.

Boby building suppliments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally am not looking to gain too much weight, but a little birdie told me that if you cheat a bit on your running you might get an extra boost to muscle gain. The downside is that you run the risk of gaining extra fat and your cardio fitness will go down the tubes fairly quickly.

I wouldn't necessarily reccommend that...

The other question is: are you getting enough sleep? You should be getting a full eight hours a night.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What aren't you happy with, Apoc? Anything specific or just overall progress?
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I get about 6 to 7 hours of sleep a night. Usually on the 6 side. I can't get much more than that (college student). The progress...back in September I was running 2 miles in about 16:20...now I run it in under 14:20. That's not improved enough. Basically I want to be under 13:00 by next August.

I'm between 6 and 6'2 depending on the scale...usually on the higher side of that. I'm around 190 right now. I really don't know my real body fat percentage since I haven't done any good tests for that. I'd like to lose fat, but be over 200.

I can leg press fairly well...I think the leg strength is fine, but I need my speed up.

Abs are great, though I need to lose a bit of my gut for them to show up more.

Chest/shoulders/arms is what I'm really hoping to improve.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

We need pictures!
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

really? I do have some...this is part of a bet with a girl I like so I had taken some for her.

This is mainly so I'll do better for army though.
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

fitness websites are biased? Urhm? Why do you think that?

If you want to bulk up, you need to eat differently and start lifting those weights. And you need to sleep good. That's what gives your muscles the stimulus to grow.

The shakes and stuff will help you recover from training session and some supplements will help you with the eating, meaning you don't have to eat 10 cows a day. That's all there is to it.

And you need to lift correctly, it itsn't just a matter of going to the gym and lifting some weights. You need a program. Go to a gym with personal trainer, tell them to make you a program and they'll show you what you need to do.

If you just keep running, doing lots of cardio, and doing the weights wrong, it's useless, you won't gain any mass.

These are just simple facts. Very simple.

Supplements won't give you any results. It's the lifting and training. The supplements only help you with the food side. Now, if you stop taking the supplements, it might be a little harder to train if you train a lot, but if you stop training, no matter what pills you take or don't take, the results will start going away. There's nothing anyone can do to it. That's just how it works. If you want to stay bulked up, you need to train now and forever. And train correctly. Supplements are no shortcut.

I'd start from fixing the workout itself, and gym program before going into nutrition more. And I'd also check out the whole nutrition thingie too before any extra products. And sleeping patterns and all that.

Asher, nothing wrong with supplements if you really train and need them. The big *** small sack folks use different kind of medicine. That makes them, gynobreasted and small nutted. It's what we call drugs .

Apocalypse, and furthermore if you wonder why would you need something that your body already produces, the answer is simple, you need a certain amount of fats, protein and carbs, daily. It's difficult to produce enough of everything in healthy percentage and eat like human. They just help you with it.

And protein isn't the only think body needs. It's also fat and carbs. So, before getting into any of the extra products, you should learn about proper nutrition too. It's rather frustrating first, might seem complicated, but that's the only way to do it correctly.

The holy trinity of fitness and any working out is training, nutrition and rest. And it's not easy to do them correctly, there is a learning process involved. It's science!
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The thing is, I'm making progress...just not as quick as I'd like.

Comment

Well then the problem is either psychological, meaning you need to be patient or that you are training not effectively as you could be training (plus nutrition).

If you really want answers, you need to post your work out programs (detailed) and what you eat. EVerything you eat and drink. Your age, height, weight etc..

Take it to websites that actually do this, that would be fitness websites and bodybuilding. Just find reliable one, so it should be big and have good forums.

You won't get any answers here, we've had these before and there are few good advices but most are complete BS. I'm not naming names, but they're like the earth is flat type of advices.

But without knowing you or your routine, I'd still say the problem is not the lack of suppliments.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

dp
                    In da butt.

Comment

tp
                      In da butt.

Comment

Actually I think my program is pretty good really. It's designed by the army.

Comment

Then the problem is with your nutrition and patience.

You are using army program? No wonder you are not getting what you want. It's all about different things I'd assume, like cardio and not getting the weight up. Soldiering has totally different kind of training and ideal body type. Very lean.

I still suggest you go to a board where there's lots of people willing to take a look at your program, nutrition and all that. In here you will get 0 professional answers, and most of them should be considered bad and maybe even counter productive.

If you don't take this hint, you'll be back here in 3 years posting the same message
                          In da butt.

Comment

Go to www.t-nation.com or bodybuilding.com and start reading. Adding muscle and getting stronger is not always as easy as one would think, especially if you put effort into it and still neglect some basic things. It can be frustrating.
                            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Working...
                            X