Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religious Weapons in Schools... what could possibly go wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather have good kids turn bad than good kids with big knives turn bad.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

They're a place of terror? Damn. No one told me. I was there for twelve years and I don't remember any terror. Then again, I didn't remember my homework either, so I guess you can't go on my account.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'd rather have a manly aftershave than those that smell fruits.... One of my ex's had this super fruity smell on her, and everytime I smell that same fruit, immidiately associaton with her naked body and sex comes to mind, so I'd rather have fruity meaning that than gay, besides fruit cakes are great, but if you are gay person, then I guess it doesn't matter because theyn can eat the fruit cake on top of the fruit cake. It's all monkeys and pajamas really, and frozen jogurt.

The above makes more sense than UR's last argument!
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
          I rather have good kids turn bad than good kids with big knives turn bad.
          The knives are usually dull and ceremonial.

I don't see the point...kids can easily bring bigger knives in their backpack too.

Why don't we just ban scissors at schools while we're at it?

Maybe strip search people entering schools and have them remove any sharp objects and/or books about freedom.

Sorry, Canada is not China, nor is it the United States. We don't need to ban talking about human rights, nor do we need to ban ceremonial daggers.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            Yes, fat American snacks only needs to be eaten with one big *CHOMP* and then all teh sugar and fat gets into veins and brains and keeps the fat little Americans happy and stupid
            Then you miss out on Calif. law that took away most fat food last June 30, 2005. The rest of the fat foods go away this June 30, 2006.

Comment

Now that's a knife!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Joseph, Californians
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Why are they allowed to have knives in the school cafeteria?

WON"T SOMEONE THINK OF THE KISD@!?!?!?!
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Knives don't kill people, Chuck Norris kills people.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      My religion dictates I must carry a gatling gun on me at all times.
                      My religion requires me to boink all young blondes.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I know enough about Sikhs to know that they can be trusted with their knives. My only concern is some brat trying to grab a Sikh's knife in school.
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

It'd be easier to just stab someone with a pencil than try to steal a knife from someone. I'm an experienced brat, I know what I'm talking about.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

another good reason why Australia should never make a Bill of Rights
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                              It'd be easier to just stab someone with a pencil than try to steal a knife from someone. I'm an experienced brat, I know what I'm talking about.
                              Yeah, and if some Sikh kid decides to go on a killing spree anyway, it takes a lot more time to kill someone with a knife than with a gun, so it should be possible to overpower him (or her) before he (or she) kills too many.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                                Kid, yeah, and the difference is what? You can't use it so effectively? That's not even about it, I udnerstand they ban those knives. I'm attacking those people who cried hwo French are so oppressive and at the same time thinking this is totally no problem.

I don't know who those people are, I haven't seen them yet, but I'm just pre-empting here.
                                Are you a moron?
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X