Olympic Hockey II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Hockey II

I'm watching Czech Republic vs Slovakia.. 2-0.. Czechs are killing the Slovak offense.. but Slovakia is coming back. GOod game to the end..

Yeah, I watched some CAnada's game as well and I agree, the reffing is simply not up to bar. It's frustrating in prelim games, but in games such as these, like play offs, you don't make weak calls! Rather let something slide than vice versa..
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

A weak call with like 2 minutes left in a 1-0 "all or nothing" game was just wrong.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

See you in the finals Pekka
      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Well since Canada seems to be out, that's what I'm hoping for. Would be sweet. And HEATED!

We just got to get rid of commies first..
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

The canadians was robbed of the game I´d say. It was definetely a goal at that situation...
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

No need to make excuses for Canada - we simply couldn't score. Yeah, maybe our defence could have been a little better and yeah, maybe the refs hurt us a bit, but at the end of the day we didn't have any meaningful offence. If you can't score at least one clean, undisputed goal in eleven periods against the Swiss, Finns, Czechs and Russians, you're screwed.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
              No need to make excuses for Canada - we simply couldn't score. Yeah, maybe our defence could have been a little better and yeah, maybe the refs hurt us a bit, but at the end of the day we didn't have any meaningful offence. If you can't score at least one clean, undisputed goal in eleven periods against the Swiss, Finns, Czechs and Russians, you're screwed.
              Yep. Quinn cost us the game, he's simply a crap coach.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Better luck next time

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

We just got to get rid of commies first..
                  You take your commies and we will take ours
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

No surprise Quinn sucks. We knew that before the games started. We knew the Toronto D sucks and Quinn does nothing to it. He obviously thinks the D is just fine. Even though that has nothing to do with not scoring but.... that's just an example why I think Quinn is not in the game.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

You take your commies and we will take ours
                      Hey!

Comment

CO, semis are on friday.. will be exciting times! I'd say chances are 50/50 we will meet. Gold or bronze. Hopefully in the finals though.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Man, Gretzky's just going to get raped in the media over this.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

We lost....anybody surprised? I'm not...

Sweet **** all....

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                              Man, Gretzky's just going to get raped in the media over this.
                              As he should be. He made a crap pick of the coach, and he made a crap pick with the team in general. If we went with "experience" over "skill" in 2002, Iginla would've never made the team. And he was instrumental in the 2002 Gold, as we all know.

Just a collossal mess. What is it, 6 of the 9 leading NHL scorers are Canadian but didn't make Team Canada? We sure could've used that...

Comment

Working...
                              X