How is this okay? (Muslim Rioting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is this okay? (Muslim Rioting)

Seriously, how is it okay for them to be rioting over a cartoon? I don't remember christians going nutso after the southpark movie came out or after any of the cartoons poking fun at jesus or the vm. Some how we need to send a message that it's not okay to start rioting and burning things and throwing rocks at people anytime something comes out that you don't agree with.
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

A bit late to the party, aren't you?
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

yep, i know. sorry.
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Ohoooh - Ming will not be pleased
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Ming will PRAISE ALLAH as well
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

The worst thing by far is witnessing the bleeding hard liberals all across the West trying their best to explain and excuse the religious violence by saying it's the paper's fault.

Comment

asshats this is no one's fault but a bunch of psycho's looking for any reason they can find to tear things up.

Comment

They don't riot because of the cartoons, the truth is they were bored to hell and wanted to riot over something. Then the cartoons were printed and then they had a reason to do what they have been wanting to do for a long time
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

a bunch

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

well kaak there are some reports I've seen that said that the Imams were telling additional lies to rile up people(120 cartoons printed as opposed to 12,qurans being burned in denmark,etc), so I doubt very much that they are rioting over just 12 cartoons.

Comment

Re: How is this okay? (Muslim Rioting)

Originally posted by Kaak
                      Seriously, how is it okay for them to be rioting over a cartoon?
                      It's not. Duh.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

FWIW, the paper that published the cartoons has apologized for it in full-page ads splashed across state-approved papers in Saudi Arabia and, I imagine, elsewhere in the Middle East.

The apology came out Feb. 5, but it took the government of Saudi Arabia a few weeks to approve the ad.

Gatekeeper
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

The ads that appeared in Saudi papers today (yesterday) is a word-to-word transcript of the open letter in Arabic that Jyllands-Posten put up on their website some two weeks ago, and which is still there.

The open letter, and hence the ads, does not contain an apology for the drawings, but for the offense they have caused. I quote from the open letter:

In our opinion, the 12 drawings were sober. They were not intended to be offensive, nor were they at variance with Danish law, but they have indisputably offended many Muslims for which we apologize.

The full text of the open letter, in English, can be found here.

Finally, the latest ads in Saudi papers have been placed and paid for by private companies, Danish and foreign, without Jyllands-Posten's consent, knowledge, or involvement in any way.

Comment

Re: How is this okay? (Muslim Rioting)

Originally posted by Kaak
                            Seriously, how is it okay for them to be rioting over a cartoon?
                            It isn´t. I can understand why they´re doing it though. It has nothing to do with pics of Muhammed. That´s just an excuse to go rioting. What I think this is really about is that the muslim world feels opressed by West. The US has appointed the muslims as the new commies that has to be stopped at any cost. They see the injustices being done in Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, France, Chechnya... I don´t blame them for being pissed off and their frustration has to come out somehow. The Muhammed pics were just the last straw with everything that´s been going on for the last few years...

Of course some militant muslims use this for their own anti-west agenda (white people haven´t exclusive rights to xenophobia and bigotry after all...) but some are just venting their anger at an unjust and muslim-hostile world power...

Cue Winston to tell me that "ZOMFG you´re defending the wretched muslim!!! Denmark is burning and you defend them. You´re stupid and ignorant...and you smell!"
                            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Leave me out of your ramblings, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X