Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iraqi insurgent groups confident of victory - Report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    For a U.S Defeat in Iraq!
    You dip****, Che.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by techumseh
      Maybe. But an alternative explanation is that media and politicians villify their enemies and use fear to keep their own side fighting. In these examples, the "forces of evil" have been more civilized in victory than our military and political leaders have predicted. I expect the Iraqi's will also surprise many people once they are free of the invader.
      Oh fer pity's sake! They're already warming up for the civil war they're hoping for when the coaltion leaves. There's just no other credible reason for the bombings of the mosques and gatherings of Shia worshippers. The Sunnis are hoping to intimidate the Shia population like they did for the 50 years before Hussein was sent packing. Don't give me that junk about the mosque bombings being a coaltion plot. There's no evidence. My guess is that al-Sadr feels confident that he can control the Sunnis when the coalition leaves. That's probably true, but its going to require a lot of dead bodies before the Sunni insurgents lay down their arms (and bombs).
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin
        Tecumseh's logic: the West is always evil and anyone who disagrees with him is an evil WASP imperialist.
        Your point?
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Oh fer pity's sake! They're already warming up for the civil war they're hoping for when the coaltion leaves. There's just no other credible reason for the bombings of the mosques and gatherings of Shia worshippers. The Sunnis are hoping to intimidate the Shia population like they did for the 50 years before Hussein was sent packing. Don't give me that junk about the mosque bombings being a coaltion plot. There's no evidence. My guess is that al-Sadr feels confident that he can control the Sunnis when the coalition leaves. That's probably true, but its going to require a lot of dead bodies before the Sunni insurgents lay down their arms (and bombs).
          The Shiites are split into two groups. The al-Sadr faction is allied with the Sunnis and supports a united Iraq. The other faction is, for all intents and purposes, allied with Iran. There may well be a civil war, but it will be between those that want a united Iraq free of foreign (both US and Iran) control and those who are aligned with Iran.
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Yep, goes to show you how stupid the neo-cons are, since according to neo-con dogma everyone wants to live in a liberal democracy, ain't gonna happen. Most middle-eastern muslim democracies will be islamist, populist, and sectarian and there is not a thing we can do about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by techumseh

The Shiites are split into two groups. The al-Sadr faction is allied with the Sunnis and supports a united Iraq. The other faction is, for all intents and purposes, allied with Iran. There may well be a civil war, but it will be between those that want a united Iraq free of foreign (both US and Iran) control and those who are aligned with Iran.
              The Sunnis want nothing more than absolute power. Like I said, they don't even recognize the Shiites as the real majority. If al-Sadr stays allied with the Sunnis and they manage to win the civil war he will be among the first to be purged from the government. Is he that stupid?
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Az
                gnoring 50 years of tradition to dismiss the spirit of the letter.

The spirit of the letter? "It's ok to bomb stuff - as long as all the big dogs agree on it"?
                What do you think about Israel's violations of UNSC resolutions?

"All the big dogs" - well that's democracy at work for you.
                Last edited by Urban Ranger; February 20, 2006, 21:32.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Az

I am confused, Plato. Are you for or against the UN?

I think the point is quite obvious, and the question you're asking is quite fallacious.
                  I wasn't saying Plato was wrong. I justed asked for a clarification of his position.

At any rate, there's no right or wrong in international politics. If the Iraqis think that their election was rigged, then it was rigged to them, the UN notwithstanding.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                  X