• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they find a "smoking gun"?

Edit: Damn, I should really start readig opening posts
    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      My thread was posted first. You damn copy cat thread maker.
      sorry Oerdin, I looked before starting this thread, what was the name of yours?
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Good 'ol Dead Eyed Dick. I guess that guy should have raised more money like Cheney asked him to.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

It was clearly mistaken identity. Chaney was really out hunting for Quayle.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

HELP! Oerdin needs date advice (Scandinavians needed).

Sorry... couldn't resist....

This is the real link to Oerdin's thread...
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
              This one is much better.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Cheney probably didn't know that GWB declared the end of major combat ops long ago.
                Blah

Comment

What if he accidentally shot and killed Dubya. Could he still become President, or would he have to shoot the Congress and Supreme Court too?

Comment

I'd pay matinee price to see him gun down Jr. (even just grazing his suit yet not breaking his skin) but I'd pay full price plus popcorn and a large soda to see Cheney go berzerk in the halls of Congress. That'd be a story to share with your grandkids...
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Cheney Alert
                      The government plans to establish a color-coded system to warn of future veep attacks

WEB-EXCLUSIVE SATIRE
                      By Andy Borowitz
                      Newsweek
                      Updated: 2:32 p.m. ET Feb. 13, 2006

Feb. 13, 2006 - Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff announced today that his department would immediately implement a “Cheney Alert” system to warn Americans if an attack by the vice president is imminent.

The Department of Homeland Security has been under pressure to respond to the widespread panic and anxiety that have gripped the nation since Cheney shot and wounded a fellow quail hunter while on a hunting trip in Texas over the weekend.

Across the country, people have holed up in their homes and hoarded food and water, fearing another senseless attack by the gun-toting vice president.

“What we have learned, the hard way, is that Dick Cheney can attack without warning,” Chertoff said. “It is our hope that with this Cheney Alert system we will be able to give the American people some warning before he strikes again.”

The alert system, with five color-coded levels indicating the likelihood of another brutal pellet attack by the Vice President, was derided by some in Congress such as Sen. Joseph Biden (D-Del), who likened it to “closing the barn door after the horses have escaped.”

“The fact is, the White House already had ample warning that Dick Cheney was going to strike, and they sat on their hands and did nothing,” Biden said, referring to a Presidential Daily Brief dated February 4 with the title, “Dick Cheney Determined to Strike in U.S.”

Elsewhere, former Education Secretary William Bennett said that he was “outraged” that an NHL gambling ring has been in operation for five years and he was never invited to participate in it.

© 2006 MSNBC.com

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11329983/site/newsweek/
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Better check your watch

mine was at 16:18

yours was 16:29

Thats 11 minutes earlier I think?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                          What if he accidentally shot and killed Dubya. Could he still become President . . .
                          Technically, yes.

This is shaping up to be yet another Republican scandal. Cheney shot his hunting partner on Saturday afternoon, but White House staff attempted to suppress the story and more than 24 hours passed before the story got out.

Also, local law enforcement officers were initially blocked when they tried to investigate the accident. And they weren't allowed access to Cheney until the following morning - which raises a number of questions, first among them is: was Cheney intoxicated when he shot the poor guy?
                          ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Apparently Cheney saw the birds, spun around and shot what had been behind him a second before. Very very stupid and reckless for a hunter to do that.
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
                              Apparently Cheney saw the birds, spun around and shot what had been behind him a second before. Very very stupid and reckless for a hunter to do that.
                              Especially if it was this bird
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

All I know is, if I ever went a'hunting with Cheney, I'd try very hard to stay behind him at all times.
                                Ya, he's a pretty tough guy

As long as other people are getting shot at and not him

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X