No announcement yet.

Dick Cheney pops a Cap in a Hunter says he is sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hunting accidents happen all the time. Just because he's the VP shouldn't change that. And I would bet if one of his buds shot him by accident, there wouldn't be charges. Unless there was really gross negligence, and that's hard to prove after everyone sobers up.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"Mr. Cheney has not publicly commented on the incident."
      BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Way to stand up & be accountable!
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

The larger issue is the whole reputation of this particular administration is that of secrecy. This is and should have been a marked instance where Cheney shows himself a man of personal responsibility rather than hoping the issue would get buried in some small local press article.

I gots no sympathy for him on that.

damn xposted - with Lord Avalon who seems to be in agreement on this being a defining moment on Cheney's character.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Lord Avalon, accountability is always something that other people need to do and not this administration.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
            "Mr. Cheney has not publicly commented on the incident."
            On the other hand, he will never be able to do another Q&S session with reporters again, ever. 'Cause you know they're going to ask.

BTW: I was just thinkin'...if the guy dies as a result of the shooting, that's manslaughter, y'know negligent homicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

BTW: I was just thinkin'...if the guy dies as a result of the shooting, that's manslaughter, y'know negligent homicide.
              I too feel there is some sort of criminal negligence but the consensus of US posters seems to be no....

Particularly when I hear talk of alcohol being involved. If I kill someone DUI in the US I'd bet I would be held accountable...
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

According to today's newspapers, the blame of the shooting is being placed (by the White House) upon the victim.

What a cheap move by the White House. Anybody who grew up in a hunting state know that the fault always lie in the shooter.
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

This minor story is just going to further show how ugly this administration is.

I doubt any legal actions will be taken against Cheney even if the guy dies. "The Vice President is crucial to the war effort. Charging him with a crime, no matter how minor, will only undercut our military efforts and give the terrorists exactly what they want."
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Anybody who grew up in a hunter state knows you are supposed to announce when you are leaving the group....which the white house says he didn't do. Now whether that is true is another issue.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                      I doubt any legal actions will be taken against Cheney even if the guy dies.
                      I agree. If Cheney is charged with a felony, the White House will claim that the charge is just a political stunt and Bush will pardon him.
                      ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                        hunting accidents happen all the time. Just because he's the VP shouldn't change that. And I would bet if one of his buds shot him by accident, there wouldn't be charges. Unless there was really gross negligence, and that's hard to prove after everyone sobers up.
                        There is the little issue of him waiting 20 hours before reporting it. Typically don't people report accidents where people got shot right away?

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus
                          According to today's newspapers, the blame of the shooting is being placed (by the White House) upon the victim.

What a cheap move by the White House. Anybody who grew up in a hunting state know that the fault always lie in the shooter.
                          Yeah, I saw that. According to the White House it is the victims fault that Dick Cheney didn't bother to look at where he was shooting. That's complete bull**** even from the Press Secretary who's become reknowned for his bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

I too feel there is some sort of criminal negligence but the consensus of US posters seems to be no....

Particularly when I hear talk of alcohol being involved. If I kill someone DUI in the US I'd bet I would be held accountable...
                            Reportedly people were drinking beer then went hunting. Completely stupid and illegal. The Texas athorities wanted to investigate the shooting and see if alcohol was involved but Cheney hide behind the secret service and refused to speak with the officers. Texas law supposedly requires police to investigate any incident where a person gets shot. Once again the administration has said they are above the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                              Anybody who grew up in a hunter state knows you are supposed to announce when you are leaving the group....which the white house says he didn't do. Now whether that is true is another issue.
                              Reportedly Cheney spun around and shot behind the group without bothering to see what was there or even to aim.

Comment

This guy isn't going to die, and it's a little disturbing to hear some people in the media and elsewhere hint at wanting that in order to see Cheney charged.

That said, Cheney is an unbelievable *****, and this story is shaping up as a perfect microcosm of the whole administration. Incompetence, blaming the victim, botched cover-up, refusal to admit fault... and to think, we have three more years of these *******s. The Democrats have only themselves to blame.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X