No announcement yet.

Fundies protesting Cartoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How dense are the Joint Chiefs? The cartoon is depicting the state of the US Army, not an individual service member. How that cartoon could be offensive to any rational, intelligent person is beyond me. Oh, but we're talking about the Joint Chiefs, so nevermind.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
      How dense are the Joint Chiefs? The cartoon is depicting the state of the US Army, not an individual service member. How that cartoon could be offensive to any rational, intelligent person is beyond me. Oh, but we're talking about the Joint Chiefs, so nevermind.
      I see you don't think that Rummy is rational and intelligent.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Does anyone?
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Dubyah does, one assumes.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I suppose it's all relative.
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Okay, so "fundie" really has started to generalize into a vague insult. This is actually kind of fascinating from a linguistic perspective. A few decades from now, some Loinburger of the future will post a thread:

"Is the term 'fundie' offensive to real fundamentalists?"
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                Okay, so "fundie" really has started to generalize into a vague insult. This is actually kind of fascinating from a linguistic perspective. A few decades from now, some Loinburger of the future will post a thread:

"Is the term 'fundie' offensive to real fundamentalists?"
                Actually, I've heard real fundamentalists, if by that is meant adherents of Fundamentalist Christianity, complain about the term being applied to Muslim extremists.

Comment

They're all as bad as each other.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

That's not the impression of most Danes at the moment..

Comment

That's only because the Christian fundies are resident in America, and thus unaware of Denmark's existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

If you changed that to "fundamentalists militarists" it would at least make some sort of sense.
                        It was a play on the term 'militant fundamentalist'.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The joint chiefs are fundies? WTF?

Great cartoon though. Rummy:

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                            I find it both funny and insensitive. It's certainly within the rights of the JCS to complain about the insensitive aspect of the cartoon. Notice that they didn't complain about the depiction of Rumsfled.

You really think the Joint Chiefs of Staff sincerely care about the common American soldier?
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

You really think the Joint Chiefs of Staff sincerely care about the common American soldier?

Certainly more than you do...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I don't see what the hoopla is about. The newspaper is free to publish their cartoon, readers are free to complain and protest. Freedom is served either way, and that's the important thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X