No announcement yet.

State of the Union (rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's giving the response? It's be nice if it was Obama, though Ted Kennedy may wonder by Osama is talking
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

gov of Virginia
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Sum up: Standard Bush speech...except for the alternative energy part. Dang, he sounded like a Democrat, not a Texas oil man. I figured he'd be screaming, "Screw the enviroment! Global warming is good for you! Let's drill everywhere!!" What was that all about?! Did someone implant a clone brain into his head??

Comment

An old friend of the president runs into trouble again

Freedom of expression?

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Peace activist Cindy Sheehan was arrested Tuesday in the House gallery after refusing to cover up a T-shirt bearing an anti-war slogan before President Bush's State of the Union address.

"She was asked to cover it up. She did not," said Sgt. Kimberly Schneider, U.S. Capitol Police spokeswoman, adding that Sheehan was arrested for unlawful conduct, a misdemeanor.
          What?

Comment

LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is giving the Spanish language rebuttal.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
              Sum up: Standard Bush speech...except for the alternative energy part. Dang, he sounded like a Democrat, not a Texas oil man. I figured he'd be screaming, "Screw the enviroment! Global warming is good for you! Let's drill everywhere!!" What was that all about?! Did someone implant a clone brain into his head??
              It's one thing to say something about it... whether he plans on following through is a whole different story.
              I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Kaine doesn't seem to be the best speaker, but the speech is good so far.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Started badly but he's getting better.
                  What?

Comment

His eyebrows bother me.
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Peace activist Cindy Sheehan was arrested Tuesday in the House gallery after refusing to cover up a T-shirt bearing an anti-war slogan before President Bush's State of the Union address.

"She was asked to cover it up. She did not," said Sgt. Kimberly Schneider, U.S. Capitol Police spokeswoman, adding that Sheehan was arrested for unlawful conduct, a misdemeanor.
                      Let that be a warning: Wear a T-shirt, go to prison.

Comment

Yeah! No Child Left Behind has been grossly underfunded! Good job Kaine... and slashing student loans as well. Good points!

And actual bipartisanship working! Imagine that!

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
                          Started badly but he's getting better.
                          Yep... seems far smoother now and is making good points.

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
                            An old friend of the president runs into trouble again

Freedom of expression?
                            She might have killed ten people with that T-Shirt -- after all, she is a ninja.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Human-animal hybrids? WTF?

Comment

Bart: How would I go about creating a half-man, half-monkey-type creature?
                                Krabappel: I’m sorry, that would be playing God.
                                Bart: God shmod, I want my monkey-man!
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X