Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the Union (rant)

pushing back all my shows!

every channel that shows anything "good" between 9 and 11 is going to be showing the State of the Union! Why? Why does everyone show the same damn thing?!

The only channel that would normally not show the SotU is showing local college basketball!!! Yes, that channel would be FOX.

I am really angry about this.

I will now have to wait until tomorrow to watch American Idol, which I will have to TiVo

This sucks.

stupid State of the Union show.

Monkey!!!

ZoMg.....Teh Communist TerrorisT!!!!!!!eleven!!!!
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

thank you alva, I knew you'd understand
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Fox isn't showing the state of the union?

Those Commie anti-American bastards! :doitnow:
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

You hate freedom, Japher.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Re: State of the Union (rant)

Originally posted by Japher
            pushing back all my shows!

I will now have to wait until tomorrow to watch American Idol, which I will have to TiVo
            TiVo or PVR technology
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

no, I like freedom
              Monkey!!!

Comment

American Idol? WTF?

Watch the SOTU address. Higher quality entertainment.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                  American Idol? WTF?

Watch the SOTU address. Higher quality entertainment.

The State of the Union Address is not informative, but it's not entertaining either -- it's just crap, through and through.

Comment

Are you kidding? It's painful. I'd rather be subjected to an hour of Barry Manilow's music...

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Actually, I might watch Dog the Bounty Hunter instead
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Compared to Idol!?
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                          Compared to Idol!?

Crappy American Idol is a lesser evil than crappy State of the Union Address.

Comment

I've never seen American Idol, so I can't say for sure. Given a choice between the two, I'd most likely flee in terror.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                              I've never seen American Idol, so I can't say for sure. Given a choice between the two, I'd most likely flee in terror.

-Arrian
                              Well the Idol stuff is in the audition stage where they delight in showing clips of the worst, most overconfident singers. Actually a bit of a hoot.

I can watch the hour long episode in about 15 minutes
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X