This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ixnay
    Are there stores in the Middle East that sell nothing but flags of western countries for people to burn? If not, you could probably make a killing setting up a chain.
    I smell an opportunity for WalMart - JihadMart

And coming soon, Sam's Super Jihad! Club
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

EU backs Denmark

The charicatures are kinda lame actually.
      Last edited by Richelieu; January 30, 2006, 14:53.
      What?

Comment

Originally posted by Az
        Man, Clinton has disappointed me.
        What?

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
          Damn, I hope they don't mistake finns for danes.

It's all fun and dandy, untill the first bomb goes of in Copenhagen. (spelling?)
          nah, don't worry - how should they possibly could mix up with

What can worry me a bit is our 500 soldiers in Iraq. They might get a harder job.

PS. Spelling ok unless you wan't to challenge your keyboard with København
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
            Damn, I hope they don't mistake finns for danes.

It's all fun and dandy, untill the first bomb goes of in Copenhagen. (spelling?)
            Copenhagen is also a verb (transitive) in English.

As in - "We could Copenhagen Iran, but that would be a risky course of action. "
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

The AHD recognizes no such verb.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                Its an obscure usage

Not like Stockholm syndrome
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                  Copenhagen is also a verb (transitive) in English.

As in - "We could Copenhagen Iran, but that would be a risky course of action. "
                  Agreed. The risks of contracting a venereal disease alone would make it a totally reckless endeavour.

Comment

Perhaps:

Genitourinary medicine and surgery in Nelson’s navy
                    J C Goddard

Surgeons of the Royal Navy during the Napoleonic and revolutionary wars, between 1793 and 1815, were solely responsible for all health care of the officers, men, and boys of their ships. This paper examines the genitourinary medicine and surgery encountered by the naval surgeons at the time of Nelson. Primary sources are examined to explore the presentation, case mix, and management of genitourinary disease during this period. A general overview is given of the life and work of the Royal Naval surgeons at the end of the 18th century. The documents that were examined contained 39 surgeon’s journals, these were written by 26 surgeons on 13 different ships. The journals contained 446 presentations to the sick list of men with genitourinary symptoms. The presenting symptoms are grouped together under the following headings; venereal disease, penile pathology, scrotal pain and swelling, urinary symptoms and retention, stone disease and trauma. Examination of these journals permits a glimpse of medical life in the Royal Navy during the time of Nelson. The case load and management of genitourinary disease shows the diversity of presentation to these surge

Comment

"... Trauma". Not too hard to imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

"On the morning of April 2, 1801, Horatio Nelson directed a line of British ships up the dangerous channel that lay outside Copenhagen harbor. Along the channel was anchored a line of Danish ships and floating batteries intended to protect the harbor and the city. Britain was not at war with Denmark, but the Danes had joined a league of "armed neutrality," masterminded by Russia, in great measure in protest against the way the British boarded and searched the vessels of nations that were neutral in the great war between Britain and France (the United States would declare war on Britain in 1812 for some similar reasons). The British considered the "armed neutrality" a sufficiently belligerent step that a pre-emptive strike was planned to knock Denmark right out of it. Nelson was under the nominal command of a dead-wood senior officer, Vice Admiral Sir Hyde Parker. Parker watched the attack from outside the north end of the channel. Nelson swept in from the south and anchored his ships next to the Danish line. After two hours of firing, Parker, thinking that things were not going well, ordered Nelson to break off the action. Clapping a telescope to his blind right eye, Nelson denied that he could see any such order. The Danes, indeed, were hard pressed and soon agreed to a truce. The truce quickly became a negotiation, as British ships moved into place to shoot "bombs" from mortars right into Copenhagen. The "armed neutrality" fell apart. ]Henceforth, the attack on an enemy's fleet in its own harbor could be called "Copenhagening" the fleet.

Comment

I figured it was about that, but the verb is obscure enough not to be in the AHD, which means it's pretty obscure indeed.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Man, Clinton has disappointed me.

Let's bomb Serbia again, while Bill gets his blowjob
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Lets express our solidarity by buying cheese.

Or butter cookies.

Damn, dont you people make anything that ISNT high in cholesterol Other than furniture, of course.

Comment

How do you know their furniture isn't high on cholestrol?

Comment

Working...
                                X