No announcement yet.

I'm a nice guy, but I am very hostile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my judgement leads me to agree with you.

Ok Asher, i quit, the arguements yours.

I still dont agree though

A perfect answer.

better than posting when they should be working.

I don't think that's a real break he's taking. It's more of an Alt-Tab break.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis

yeah, but Phil Anselmo isn't a nice guy.
      Well, just the second half then...
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
        Asher is taking a long break though. Started posting at 21:00 CET and still hasn't been back to work after 2 1/2 h
        Is there a German word for "procrastination"?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• That's what you do with your orgasm when you sleep with a female

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
            As che said earlier, drinking beer with Asher could be a interesting experience Or not... Alcohol and these kinds of heated debates are a severly volatile combination
            Actually, after I logged off last night, I continued to think about it, and I remembered the he went out of his way to wreck the secret Mac forum. Asher isn't just a kid with poor social skills and delusions of grandeur. He's mean. He goes out of his way to hurt people. So, nah, no beer with Asher, regardless of what he thought my motives were.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• that's not very polite.

Comment

• Sure it is. I'm not being rude.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• perhaps we need a thread listing names of the Apolytoners who we would have a beer with. .

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    Actually, after I logged off last night, I continued to think about it, and I remembered the he went out of his way to wreck the secret Mac forum. Asher isn't just a kid with poor social skills and delusions of grandeur. He's mean. He goes out of his way to hurt people. So, nah, no beer with Asher, regardless of what he thought my motives were.
                    I'm sure you remember the personal attacks on myself and my SO by Agathon, Drake, et. al that preceded that.

I got my revenge in a slightly more intelligent way.

Plus, all I did was point out that they were abusing a forum.

Unlike you, Che, I do not have a testosterone problem.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Re: Re: I'm a nice guy, but I am very hostile.

Originally posted by Sava

Now I don't hate all people... just stupid people... which happens to be MOST people.
                      The only stupid people I hate are those who are stupid and mean spirited, otherwise I am very tolerant with stupid people, most stupid people are in fact good people.
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                        I was reacting to UR's statement that lack of politeness means you're feeling superior to your counterpart, and I don't agree to that. It's all about the impression the receiver will have, regardless of your true intentions and feelings.
                        That's not exactly what I said.

"If you feel you are superior it is hard for you to be polite" is not the same as "if you are impolite it means you are feeling superior."

The first statement is true IMO while the second one isn't. There are other reasons to being rude.

If you are objecting to the first statement I would like to hear why.

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                        The fact that different cultures have different forms of politeness should prove that. If an American insults a Japanese person by using the wrong form of etiquette, the Japanese will feel insulted and been demeaned to, even though the American didn't meant to convey any such.
                        This may or may not be true, depending on whether the receving Japanese is aware of US culture.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
                          I stand to my initial position: you are believing that your efforts at superficiality constitute most of politeness, whereas politeness is much more than that: it is a way to establish and maintain communication between people who don't have specific protocols between them.
                          It's very strange. Some people are equating being polite with the ability to make smalltalk. Some are maintaining that you can be polite without being nice - Marriam-Webster lists polite as one of the meanings of nice.

I am not referring to you specifically, it's just a convinient post
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

• In this discussion, we've clearly separated the concepts of the protocols of being polite, an the act of being kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                              I'm sure you remember the personal attacks on myself and my SO by Agathon, Drake, et. al that preceded that.
                              It is highly probable that you had provoked the attacks.

Originally posted by Asher
                              I got my revenge in a slightly more intelligent way.
                              And that's not mean?

Comment

• I can be mean, just like everyone else.

You got pretty mean when you banned me for non-bannable offenses, for instance.

Comment

Working...
                                X