Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll never understand why Calgary always has trouble with teams like Chicago, Columbus, and Minnesota.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

woot, 4 unanswered goals for a come-from-behind 5-3 final.

Tomorrow is St. Louis, followed by Columbus. Hopefully will extend the lead in the NW.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        I'll never understand why Calgary always has trouble with teams like Chicago, Columbus, and Minnesota.
        They gear up for tough teams (and Edmonton) but can slack off on the work ethic and the system when facing 'push-overs'?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It's something like that. I think the team always just plays down to their opponent. Games with crappy teams are close games, games iwth good teams are close games...

Comment

Wow, Pronger scores with 0.6s left to tie it up and force OT.

Comment

Looks like the middle of the pack all gained ground this week, but stayed the same respective to one another.

Comment

Edmonton just robbed Phoenix of 2 points.

Comment

NHL Players Protest New Goaltending Penalty

January 26, 2006 | Onion Sports

NEW YORK—Less than six months since players returned from a yearlong lockout, hockey is once again in turmoil following last week's announcement that "goaltending," or attempting to obstruct a shot on goal or impede the puck's progress with one's body or stick, would become a two-minute minor penalty, a rule change that went into effect Monday. "Increasing scoring with rule changes and cracking down on obstruction is one thing," said Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Curtis Joseph, who claims his job is being banned by the league. "But to take a page from the NBA and just outlaw goaltending outright… Maybe it's just me, but I think that rule just plain goes against the spirit of hockey." Veteran NHL centers, forwards, and some defensemen took issue with Joseph's remarks, claiming he was still angry over being penalized seven times in the Coyotes' Monday night game against Dallas, in which Joseph had zero saves and lost 88-105.

Comment

You mean robbed the refs of a robbing.

They were pathetic, again.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      Wow, Pronger scores with 0.6s left to tie it up and force OT.
                      Pronger's been massive for the Oilers so far. Tonight was another 32 minute game.

The reason for the trades that you thought were not good is so that we don't break Pronger by working him too much.

Tonight was the first game for both Spacek and Tarnstrom, so they weren't being relied on so much. However, the help they brought to bringing the puck out of our end was noticable.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Damnit. Hamrlik is out injured again.

Hand injury from a slash.

He's injured like 15 games, plays for 1-2, injured for another 15.

Comment

Hurricanes acquire Weight from Blues

Snagged 'im!

Comment

Yeah, was about to post that.

Talk about a firesale...

just in time for the Flames game tonight.

Comment

Hopefully Sillinger and Weight will respond well to the trades and light it up for me this week. I'll need the help against Kontiki.

Comment

Damn you, dejon. I was just going to add Weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X