No announcement yet.

Tom Cruise censors South Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you not know it existed? I think it made Time and Newsweek!
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
      I'm a casual Star Wars fan, not a fanatic. I know that there are books about Star Wars, but I didn't think that understanding the movie would be based on watching some cartoon. I had never heard of them before you mentioned them in this thread, and I don't know anyone else who has watched the cartoon. I'm sure that it doesn't bother Lucas, as he got my $7 despite me not knowing of his cartoon.

I just chalked up the whole Grevious mess to Lucas writing another lazy script. Besides, even if the cartoons perfectly explain Grevious, they still won't make up for the rest of the movie.
      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Expanded universes intruding into the core product:

Comment

forget expanding universes, this is really about the UK's stricter libel laws

Tom would have sued and won big unless they had some evidence that he plays for the other team.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Are you trying to tell me that I, an Englishman, am expected to subscribe to American magazines in order to keep up-to-date with cartoons I have no interest in (because I am an adult and can talk to women), just in case they might make a future popcorn-entertainment movie comprehensible?
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Hey, if you want to make the concious decision to skip out on the filler between II and III, that's on you. Just don't try passing the buck to Lucas.
              Holy ****, you're a ****ing loser.

Please note that this is coming from somebody doing graduate work is cosmology, who has read more science fiction than is strictly healthy and who loves computer games...
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

KH
                Laz
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I agree. The world is falling apart.

Comment

Back on topic, you can see the episode here.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Holy ****, you're a ****ing loser.

Please note that this is coming from somebody doing graduate work is cosmology, who has read more science fiction than is strictly healthy and who loves computer games...
                      That damning statement would be a lot more effective if it weren't for the fact that I first saw said CW 'Toons on deployment, when, you know, there ain't a whole Hell of a lot to do. Didn't even see "season two" until November or so, in DvD format vice watch CN constantly trying to find it in the 5 minute increments it was put out in.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

And that's the typical experience of your average "Revenge of the Sith" viewer, right?
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                          And that's the typical experience of your average "Revenge of the Sith" viewer, right?
                          Well, it was for most the guys on my ship. I probably would have gotten ahold of the CW DvD eventually, but God Abandoning you for 180 days and Amazon.com has a way of making the process moving faster.

Comment

Hey, if you want to make the concious decision to skip out on the filler between II and III, that's on you. Just don't try passing the buck to Lucas.
                            That's hardly fair. Not being a huge fan of Star Wars, I hadn't the foggiest that Clone Wars was a) canon, b) existed as a show, and c) that the term "Clone Wars" was used as anything more than an unseen reference.
                            B♭3

Comment

That's like saying, "How could you not know that Fiona Apple just came out with a new album! It was in Time!"
                              B♭3

Comment

The Star wars films are clearly made for children up to 7 year olds - they must be because they have no plot or drama which could even be remotely appealing to anyone older.

My 4 and 7 year olds thoroughly enjoyed all of them and play them over and over. If you ask them what the story is they can't really say.
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X