No announcement yet.

So when do we invade Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAF still bases A10's in the south don't they?
    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

• Originally posted by atomant
      As noted earlier, just have to wait for a few more key signals like increased pizza deliveries to CentCom and the Pentagon.
      Sigh. The Pentagon seriously needs its own pizza shop (for reasons of national security, of course ).
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy

To my knowledge, that deal was rejected by the US interestingly enough.

Uh? Are you confusing the US and Iran?

On a Russian proposal, under which Moscow would safeguard spent nuclear fuel in an effort to ensure that Iran does not develop atomic weapons, McClellan said the proposal was still viable.

"That's an offer that remains on the table. It's one that we have expressed support for. We've expressed support for Iran's right to have civilian nuclear energy and the proposal that Russia has put forward," he said. Enditem 
        link

IRAN yesterday dismissed a Russian deal aimed at ending the growing crisis over its nuclear ambitions, prompting sharp criticism from Moscow.
        link
        "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
          To add to this, the forces the US has in Iraq are one third what they deployed for Gulf War I.
          The US military has been putting people who should be on R&R (wounded, tired, etc., etc.) back into active duty for quite some time.

Is that why?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Re: So when do we invade Iran?

Spring is coming.. It's only a matter of time, and maybe a bit of courage, before new adventures will be seeked out.

Attached Files

Comment

• Edan, there were several of those offers from Russia. The statement that the US rejected one of them at some point was found in German quality press. Seeing how there have been loads of different versions of offers with many trade-fofs and pros and cons for all sides, I would think this only happened on one single occasion, when the terms offered just weren't acceptable.

Comment

Working...
              X