Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joseph
    Think back 3 years ago.
    Bush, Chenny, Rumy, Powell, and Rice said Iraq is our biggest threat.
    3 years ago they had 9/11 as an emotional bludgeon.

Today he has three years of a war in Iraq which over 55% of the American people now say wasn;t worth it.

Bush could have two purely republican houses of Congress and he still could not sell a land war in Iran to the public.

He is also missing the manpower necessary to do so anyways.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap

3 years ago they had 9/11 as an emotional bludgeon.

Today he has three years of a war in Iraq which over 55% of the American people now say wasn;t worth it.

Bush could have two purely republican houses of Congress and he still could not sell a land war in Iran to the public.

He is also missing the manpower necessary to do so anyways.
      I don't think this one will be land war. I think it will be an Air war.

Comment

• Invade Canada first - you know they been asking for it for a loooong time.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
          Invade Canada first - you know they been asking for it for a loooong time.
          Yeh, we haven't done that since the war of 1812.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278

then there are those pesky mexicans, they haven't been invaded for a good circa 150 years as well
            "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
            "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

And not successfully, um, .... ever.
              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• I have changed my mind:

Now I think Iran wants no bomb at all. They're irritatingly bargaining for a good deal to make civil nuclear eenrgy as cheap as possible. The cheaper it is for them, the higher is their gain in opting for nuclear energy for home use and to sell their oil and gas abroad.

If they really wanted a bomb, they'd have been more clandestine about it.

Similar for Kim.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomant
                  then there are those pesky mexicans, they haven't been invaded for a good circa 150 years as well
                  Except for that expedition in 1917 chasing after Pacho Villa.

Originally posted by techumseh
                  And not successfully, um, .... ever.
                  The Canadians are a tough bunch, eh?
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

• You wouldn't even get past the first hockey team you met in a bar!
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy
                      Similar for Kim.
                      I strongly doubt that DPRK has any nuclear devices. There is no record of North Koreans making nuclear tests.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by techumseh
                        You wouldn't even get past the first hockey team you met in a bar!
                        We'll send in Swiss and Finnish shock troops to take care of any pesky Canadian hockey teams... they make Canadian Hockey players seem absolutely powerless
                        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Except for that expedition in 1917 chasing after Pacho Villa.

and from memory, how many thousands had to get one man? My point is no point doing anything by halves
                          "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                          "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

I strongly doubt that DPRK has any nuclear devices. There is no record of North Koreans making nuclear tests.
                            What did I just say? They have none, they're not trying to get any, it's not in their best interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wycoff
                              We'll send in Swiss and Finnish shock troops to take care of any pesky Canadian hockey teams...
                              I rather you send in the Swiss women bikini skiing team.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by atomant
                                and from memory, how many thousands had to get one man?
                                That sounds so familiar.

Comment

Working...
                                X