Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good morning?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
      good morning?

Goes to show my polish is very rusty.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I think I need to declare WAR ON PUNKS!
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

i thought you already did
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Well now I'm sure I did.
            In da butt.

Comment

I've burned a car in the same block as this happened (Student village). Some moron had left his old crapheap Skoda in one of the best parking lots when he moved from town. Dumping car wrecks in parking lots (or anywhere) is illegal, but the police ignored it, so I was pissed, because I wanted to park my own car in that spot. It was standing there when I moved in, and it hadn't moved a millimeter when I was about to move out two years later.

Then one day when the parking was empty (except for the wreck) and I was drunk, I decided I had had enough and put the wreck on fire. Some punks had already smashed the lights and wind shields a few weeks before, so I just took a burning newspaper and threw inside. The smoke plume blowed right onto the volontary fire brigade station 300 meters away, so they came in a few minutes, but by then, even the paint of the car was burning.

So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Re: I'm a victim of a crime

Originally posted by Pekka
                Yes... I just walked to my car, like an hour ago, and it was totally broken into.

Some idiot had totally smashed the lock, and stole my cd-player and many cd's as well.

Well, thankfully, looking at the bright side, they didn't break anything else, which is customary in here. So now the only thing I lost is the lock and the cd-player and some cd's. But it still pisses me off. You know.. why would you come to student village and do that.. you're stealing from students. People who don't have lots of money. I'm also angry that I never got the chance to fight these dudes, you know, if you want something, you better defend yourself.

On the bright side, the cops came pretty fast, and they were two female cops. The other one was pretty hot too.. in civies too, I didn't realize they were cops, I just thought they wanted some hot steaming sex or something at first. They were nice and professional.

So I lost some material stuff, that I can't replace, but fortunately my dad promised to pay for the lock... and I gained a new fantasy!!
                The police came to the site?? WOW. IN Calgary, they just take your report over the phone and that is it. I never heard another thing (nor did I really expect that I would)

IN my case they didn't try to steal anything in the car, they tried to steal the car!! But in an ironic twist I think I must have left the lights on since

1. they failed and I understand my car is pretty easy to hot-wire and
                2. The battery was dead once the ignition got repaired-- so unless they turned on the lights in the middle of the day, it must have been me

I now have a CLUB. I doubt its that effective but when you are driving an 8 year old CIVIC, they won't make that much effort-- its easier just to go for a difefrent car
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

One of my old cars was broken in to five or six times - I actually lost count. It got to the point that for the last two times, my insurance company required a notarized bond of indemnity to state that I wasn't the one who was actually doing it! Thankfully, my vandalism deductible was only $75 (maybe $100, can't remember) and it didn't cause my rates to go up. Still, the inconvenience of having your car in the shop so often for glass/dashboard/glovebox repairs and the stuff insurance didn't cover (CDs, a jacket once) makes it extra ****ty.
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Insurance companies are crap with their coverage of this kind of stuff, so bad in fact that there is rarely any point claiming off them as it will cost you more in the long run I hate insurance companies, they take loads of money and you get so little in return.
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      Insurance companies are crap with their coverage of this kind of stuff, so bad in fact that there is rarely any point claiming off them as it will cost you more in the long run I hate insurance companies, they take loads of money and you get so little in return.
                      It really depends. Rule 1 is never go with an Insurance company that spends money on TV commericals. Companies like Progressive and Geico spend too much money on advertisments that could instead be used on their customers.
                      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Thankfully my break-ins occurred in BC, which has crown corp. insurance in ICBC. They're actually pretty good, which is why my rates never went up. Plus, my window was always smashed, stereo stolen and often damage to the dashboard where the clowns pried the stereo out with a screwdriver or something. Not making a claim would have cost me at least $400-$500 out of pocket each time.
                        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Yeah, come over to the UK where insurance companies will try and screw you over at any cost. I still have a claim from 16 months ago that still hasn't been resolved and wasn't my fault. And in that time, my no claims bonus was suspended, so needless to say, I am not happy
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah, come over to the UK where insurance companies will try and screw you over at any cost. I still have a claim from 16 months ago that still hasn't been resolved and wasn't my fault. And in that time, my no claims bonus was suspended, so needless to say, I am not happy
                            No thanks. My Irish Catholic blood prohibits me from going there.

Comment

Irish-American? Does that mean your great, great granddad once met an Irishman then?
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Irish-American? Does that mean your great, great granddad once met an Irishman then?

Drop the great and you got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X