Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Even Gramps returns to working out!

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
    Bottom line, hard work,proper diet and excercise will get your health where you need it.
    If you just wrap that in a shiny plastic container and start selling it on the TV you could become rich. I saw this absolutely ludicrous "sauna belt" commercial last night, basically some sort of belt that send electrical impulses through your muscles and give them a "workout". But the thing was, they said "we guarantee you results if you use SAUNA BELT every day!.....and follow our nutritional plan that comes along".

It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I never understood Trim Spa

it's a pill that if you take along with a good diet and exercising will help you lose weight

WTF!? Why the pill?!
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: Even Gramps returns to working out!

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

As allways, please dont consult Apolyton, but rather a Medical Professional
        great advice

whenever starting an exercise program, you should see your doctor first... get a physical, etc...

I'm not trying to pretend I am a doctor or anything. I have just had a lot of experience doing training for sports and letting everyone know I have a lot of knowledge in this area.

But Gramps is right. Talk to your doctors people.

Everyone's body is different. Some people might require more of a nutritional approach, some people might want to enjoy more of the foods they like and would want to exercise more. Your metabolism will respond to all these factors in different ways.

Also, get lab work done. Blood tests, etc... that way your doctor can work with you to see if your diet needs to be changed or not. The worst thing you can do is try a fad diet and throw your body out of whack.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I got a 40 minute jog in this morning and I spent the next 11 hours on my feet at work. About a week ago I cut out the beer, pizza, and munchies so far so good. Tonight's dinner is split pea soup with a piece of garlic bread so the diet and excercise routine seems to be sticking for now.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
            I never understood Trim Spa

it's a pill that if you take along with a good diet and exercising will help you lose weight

WTF!? Why the pill?!

Diet pills are basicly caffine pills. They cause you to burn energy and in theory fat as well. The problem is that many have been known to cause heart attacks and such. There were a couple that were banned by the FDA not long ago because of that.
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
            X