No announcement yet.

workout (exercise) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and go see a doctor about that knee problem.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Exercise is unhealthy. It's like a drug. The more you exercise, the more your body needs it to maintain itself, get stronger, and feel healthy. Meanwhile, each pushup, each crunch is causing irreversible wear and tear on your body.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Reason #145 why not to exercise

Study finds exercise helps delay dementia

No more excuses
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

No more excuses
          Too late
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

what are you talking about?
            Monkey!!!

Comment

According to many, I am already developing dementia

Seriously though, I think it is important that we constantly use our brains throughout our lives and keep it active in that respect...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

why all this talk about dementia... geesh
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

No more excuses
                  wouldn't that be a reason to exercise?

Comment

Home Workout Bible

I couldn't recommend this book more. Not only does it show you a few hundred exercises and tell you how to do them based on what you have (and what you can use at the gym), but it gives comprehensive routine-building programs: one for building muscle, one for losing fat, and they can both be combined.

Its really helping my work-out, cause now I don't even need to go to the gym to get a really good one in.
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I have a bum knee and bad back, so a suggestion and it's something you can do at home is pilates. It's low impact and works you out.
                      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Yes, the home workout bible, a must have for any homosexual household. Best if used in conjunction with watching the home and garden channel.

Comment

Originally posted by StarLightDeath
                          Bodybuilding.com is definitely the best site. Before you do anything you should measure your body fat and set up a nutritional program. Nutrition is more important than exercise.
                          Not really.

As long as you are getting the right amount of vitamins, calories, protein, and carbs, you can pretty much eat what you want if you are working out and doing a lot of cardio.

But it depends on how hard you are working out. When I was playing hockey, I could eat pretty much anything I wanted and still maintain weight. But I was also training pretty hardcore.

You just have to maintain a base level of vitamins and such, and then work from there. It's better if you have a moderate diet, obviously, but you can binge a little and eat what you want if you are compensating by working out enough.

I would say it is a balance. Nutrition and exercise.

One is not necessarily more important than the other.

When used in conjuction, you can lose an incredible amount of weight and get your body into amazing shape. However, most people don't have the kind of discipline it takes to follow a strict diet and workout schedule. Even at my peak physical condition (around 2000-2002, 190lbs.), I was still sneaking the occasional slices of pizza when I shouldn't have.

I am about 235 lbs. right now. I obviously don't have the abs anymore, but I can still lift about the same I did back then. My strength has not diminished at all. I still lift about 2-3 times a week. Although I don't do any cardio anymore. I play hockey still when I can, but I'm not in any leagues or anything. It just costs too much. Nope, it was fun while it lasted.

Maybe I'll put my knowledge to use some time in the future and lose the weight and get my athletic body back. I miss being able to pick up girls. But I'm just not motivated to do it.

Anyways, I trained for a lot of years and could help anyone out if you guys have questions.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Why would a homosexual work out at home? There's nothing to look at.
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

what does this thread have to do with homosexuals?

Comment

That's right, no point of taking one and burying the other one, but in fact it's just not two things, working out and nutrition.

It's the holy trinity, working out, nutrition and REST.

Extremely important. And make your life somewhat standard and regular, you need to have schedules for these. Do it like a nazi would.

And you can always have a cheat day even if you are losing weight. What often happens is that people stop eating iwth their wild diets, and basically the body goes on shut mode, it thinks hard times are here so you're still not burning fat, it's stocking itself, even if you're not eating. So, occasional pizza is not bad for you, necessarily. Moderation is the key though.
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X