Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8th grader with pellet gun shot and killed by SWAT team in School.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whoha

unfortunately for the kid, the officer had fine eye sight.
    Not really, since you can see the different shades of color.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse

Not really, since you can see the different shades of color.
      In what lighting? and at what distance and what angle?
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander

That sounds more like the Lone Ranger actually. And I know your old enough to have seen some of those!
        Oh yes from Saturday Morning Western Showtime

Comment

• Originally posted by Thorn
          I think any of you that think this kid should have died and got his just deserts ought to be kidnapped by terrorists.... then maybe you'll understand how precious life is. God some of you make me furious.
          Thorn, is there any question why people in other forums are mean to you? Just look at the way you act.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Yeah, the problem is, he put himself in a situation where he had no respect for his own life...if I had a gun and wanted to stay alive and the police arrived, you don't keep hold of the thing, you just drop it and comply. He didn't do that, and thus, this is what happens. It's hardly like there isn't a precedent...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• LONGWOOD, Fla. -- A Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigation into the shooting of a middle-school student holding a pellet gun by a SWAT team member revealed that authorities did not speak with the boy's father until after the shooting, according to a Local 6 News report.

Christopher Penley, 15, was officially pronounced dead at 4:57 a.m. Sunday after being shot by deputies at Milwee Middle School while holding a pellet gun on Friday

Over the weekend, an attorney for the family said Penley's father told him that he contacted law enforcement before the boy was shot to tell them that his son did not have a gun and that he only had a pellet gun, Local 6 News reported.

However, phone records obtained by the FDLE showed authorities did not make contact with the dead boy's father until about 45 minutes after the boy had been shot, according to a report released Tuesday.
              The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

Also Tuesday, Local 6 News learned that several years ago, Penley wrote a school paper concerning pointing a gun at a police officer.

Seminole County Sheriff Don Eslinger confirmed the Local 6 News report and read from a school paper written by Penley.

"It states, 'If you point a gun at a cop, they will shoot you even if you don't shoot him or a person,'" Eslinger said. "It's just to give you some idea of maybe, possibly state of mind."
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

• I agree that it is common knowledge that if you point a gun at a cop and threaten his life he will act in response. But this kid if i am correct was shot by a SWAT cop who is trained to stayreally out of the direct line of fire. I read this kid was chased into bathroom with no where to go. Why are the gunners headed towards him before the negoatitors?? The kid wasnt gonna escape. Seems every time i mention this is just doesnt seem to matter. Now If ya ask me, do i think this kid caused his own death my answer would be yes. But there could have been another way out with out shooting him.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• And this is an example of bad policing. I agree that there's a lot of it out there, but people here are arguing for ridiculous restrictions on the use of force.
                  What restrictions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                    I agree that it is common knowledge that if you point a gun at a cop and threaten his life he will act in response. But this kid if i am correct was shot by a SWAT cop who is trained to stayreally out of the direct line of fire.
                    SWAT are not actually trained to stay out of the line of fire but to contain,neutralized and take control a situation with overwhelming firepower and tactics

I read this kid was chased into bathroom with no where to go. Why are the gunners headed towards him before the negoatitors??
                    To contain him

The kid wasnt gonna escape. Seems every time i mention this is just doesnt seem to matter.
                    Good deployment and good tactics if the SWAT TEAM cornered him

Now If ya ask me, do i think this kid caused his own death my answer would be yes. But there could have been another way out with out shooting him.
                    I am sorry this young man died, but he chose this, not the SWAT TEAM. Bottom line the child advanced with a raised weapon with the intent of invoking a response, which unfortunately he got. Mrs. Tubes, I am sorry this happened, but what the SWAT TEAM Member did, was do his job. Imagine if this situation was such that a real weapon was involved and a child was in a classroom near the restroom, your child, unknown to officers and as this child came from the restroom raised what "could" have been a weapon of play or real and popped a round or two and one hit and killed your innocent child?

That is just one of many scenarios an Officer has to determine when making a decision to shut down and operation with the use of deadly force.

A shame indeed.

Gramps

Comment

• SWAT are not actually trained to stay out of the line of fire but to contain,neutralized and take control a situation with overwhelming firepower and tactics
                      Everyone memorized this?

Next time SWAT is around, move out or feel the overhelming (your life) firepower..

I like how you got the balls to kill your own people and defend it!
                      French wouldn't even dare to kill their immigrants (should learn to)..
                      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Yeah... as opposed to underwhelming firepower.

It goes with the old standby... "Never bring a knife to gunfight".
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Good you know all those old sayings from Clint Eastwood & Co movies.

And too bad for those who don't!

-- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• More like a Sean Connery movie (Untouchables), right?

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• "Friends and investigators say Penley was bullied and emotionally distraught, and went to school that day expecting to die.

Patrick Lafferty, a 15-year-old neighbor who has known Penley about six years, said he wasn't surprised by what happened. He said Penley was a loner who "told me he wanted to kill himself dozens of times."'

can we all agree that bullying is something we need to take seriously? And what were the issues in his home that led him to run away?

I spent a week this holiday in Brooklyn with the Hasidim. Fault them for backwardness, superstition, and intolerance all you want, but the kids dont bully ech other, and the families usually remain intact. Im not saying we need to go that far, but can we realize what a difficult world we've created for kids? Where did the other kids learn to bully? Why dont we focus on teaching our kids compassion?

And remember, kids who take guns (or even fake guns) to school are the tip of the iceberg. For every one of those, there thousands who DO commit suicide alone (as Sava, bless his heart, suggested) and for each of those, there are thousands who suffer in silence.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Bullies suck.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X