Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8th grader with pellet gun shot and killed by SWAT team in School.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berzerker
    you needed that clarified?
    apparently for you since your comment was made
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I said leg shots cant cause serious damage? I'd like to see that quote.

Gee, I figured it was obvious being shot almost anywhere can cause serious damage but that hitting certain parts of the body carry greater risk of death.

Comment

I'd say shooting him in the leg was the safest thing to
        This was the remark I was commenting on Berzerker, I didnt say you said that merely commenting on this

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
          If you hit the femoral artery high in the thigh, near where the leg joins the abdomen bleeding is very hard to control. The artery enters the leg passing under the inguinal ligament. If you cut the artery within an inch or two of the inguinal ligament it may contract to a point under the ligament. In such a situation bleeding can only be stopped by making an incision in the abdomenal wall above the ligament and ligating the artery within the abdomenal cavity, That means you have to get the victim to the operating room before he bleeds out.
          Didn't this occur in Black Hawk Down? I seem to recall a wounded soldier being operated on, where another soldier was holding the femoral artery out for the medic to tie it off (or whatever), but it slips from his grasp and snaps back under/into the pelvis, and they can't get a hold of it again so the wounded man dies. Same or similar thing?

OT: Tragedy, but cops aren't to blame. Maybe the kid made a series of bad decisions, but they were his decisions, and some mistakes you just don't walk away from.

Comment

This was the remark I was commenting on Berzerker, I didnt say you said that merely commenting on this
            And my remark means getting shot in the leg cant produce serious damage? No, it means a leg shot has a higher chance of preserving life than a torso shot. Need further clarification?

Comment

And my remark means getting shot in the leg cant produce serious damage? No, it means a leg shot has a higher chance of preserving life than a torso shot. Need further clarification?
              Yes...

Im so confused Berzerker, please Clarify what you mean

Your make so much sense, please help me help you understand you Berzerker

Ok

So all cops from here forth shoot someone in the

A) leg soo they might crawl and still shoot?

B) Arm so that they may still us other arm to shoot?

C) Torso to put the person on the Ground..PERIOD! Deadly Force means Deadly Force. Stop someone from making a bad situation worse

D) Ask all to Take a Time out and go call Berzerker, much like a review on the Football Play in Question

Gramps
              Attached Files

Comment

Why don't they just shoot the gun out of the hand.... what is with all this leg shot crap..... Don't you have to have a certain skill as a marksman to be a cop especially on SWAT.....

Oh BTW, kid is officially dead now.... there will be a vigil by people that care about him...... I wish people would pray for him, instead of demonizing him. God the Yahoo Message board makes me sick.... If there was a computer virus that caused electracution via keyboard that'd be the first place to get it.
                "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
                  Why don't they just shoot the gun out of the hand....

Clint Eastwood or John Wayne material for sure

what is with all this leg shot crap.....
                  Ask Berzerker..lol

Don't you have to have a certain skill as a marksman to be a cop especially on SWAT.....
                  Yes, but not to shoot a gun out of a hand, maybe as the sniper a good possibility since they have to hit a postage stamp, IIRC @ 300 Meters
                  Oh BTW, kid is officially dead now.... there will be a vigil by people that care about him...... I wish people would pray for him, instead of demonizing him.
                  I dont think I read anyone here demonizing him, merely stating he got what he was looking for, Shot for pointing what was deemed a deadly weapon at an officer ordering him down
                  God the Yahoo Message board makes me sick.... If there was a computer virus that caused electracution via keyboard that'd be the first place to get it.

Oh

Berzerker

Congrats on the HOF

Comment

Why don't they just shoot the gun out of the hand.... what is with all this leg shot crap..... Don't you have to have a certain skill as a marksman to be a cop especially on SWAT.....
                    You watch too much TV.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal

You watch too much TV.
                      Hell I've even shot something out of someone hand before, and it wasn't even a real gun I used. These cops must suck at target practice.

Comment

Hell I've even shot something out of someone hand before, and it wasn't even a real gun I used. These cops must suck at target practice.
                        whereas you excel at Trolling
                        Attached Files

Comment

Blast you people, you wanted this kid to die, you say justice done, WTF..... I hate this society of death....... and people say I have issues.

Comment

and people say I have issues.
                            Thorn, Finally I can say I agree with you
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                              When I was on we had a couple option in 1979, I had a Model 10 "K" (Combat Frame) Smith and Wesson Revolver. I had Hot Loads (CCI Super Sphere) (IIRC, 158Grain Hollow Point, Copper Jacket, 1380 FPS)

Now when it goes up wont it cause some problems coming down?
                              This reminds me of an episode of Mythbusters, when one of the myth they tested is "a penny falling off the Empire State Building can kill someone if it hits him/her in the head."

The guys did some experiments and showed that to be false.

Thus, I think we can safely conclude that a handgun bullet (not the whole thing, sans the cartridge) falling from a great height won't injure an adult.

Small kids may be different.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

What, a cork?
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X