NHL Fantasy League - Game On - Episode VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh, from last thread...

the only people who think Sutters are good coaches are dillusional homers who haven't yet seen the light

don't worry Asher... you'll come around soon enough

I was once like you. I thought Brian Sutter was a good coach when he was with the Hawks. But I soon saw his flaws and how he was a cancer to the team. Darryl also coached the Hawks if you recall... he was also an assistant under Mike Keenan. You should listen to someone like me who has lived through the Sutter experience.

I've seen enough of the Sutters to know this. The Sutters are horrible coaches. FACT!

And even if Calgary makes it to the Stanley Cup Finals again (or even wins it), it won't be because of Darryl Sutter... it will be in spite of him.

Brian Sutter has never taken a team past the second round of the playoffs...

Darryl Sutter hasn't won anything... and without Kiprusoff, the Flames wouldn't have made the playoffs in 2003-2004... and would be out of the playoff hunt this year.

Duane Sutter's coaching career... well...

Who knows? Maybe Brent will have better luck.

And I think the only Sutters to win Stanley Cups as players were Brent and Duane... and that's just because they were lucky enough to be on those Islander's teams in the early 80's.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Anyone who says that Sutters are horrible coaches don't know anything about hockey.

The Hawks were just a terrible team, like they are now.

On paper, the Flames team isn't good -- just like how the Canadian Junior's team wasn't good compared to the Russians and Americans. The coaching is what made the difference.

Look at last season, even when Kipper was injured for half a month we kept winning, and even before Kipper joined the team halfway through we were winning. He's a valuable member of the team, but he's not the only reason the Flames are a winning team.

Calgary plays a defensive, Sutter game and Sutter -- as a GM -- picked up some of the best defensive defensemen in the world. That's the main reason Kipper has all those SO and Wins, he's not even in the top 10 for sv%.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
        Anyone who says that Sutters are good coaches doesn't know anything about hockey.
        Fixed.

The Sutters have coached a combined 1912 games in the NHL. (not counting this season)

0 Stanley Cup Wins.

1 Stanley Cup appearance.

You lose.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• A good coach isn't defined as having a stanley cup.

The Flames, with less than half the salary of teams like Detroit, wiped them out in the playoffs. The difference was coaching.

And look at this year, the team with the best record since Halloween is Calgary, the team that won the World Juniors as "underdogs" was also a Sutter. No other Canadian coach has been as successful as Brent Sutter has in the Juniors.

They're just good coaches that play defensive, physical games.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• well I guess some of us have higher standards than others
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Yes, I'm comparing the Chicago and Calgary records and seeing what you mean.

Comment

Yes, I'm comparing the Chicago and Calgary records and seeing what you mean.
                irrelevant...

I have no control over the team...

in fact, I've been boycotting the Hawks BECAUSE I have high standards (and among other things)
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                  irrelevant...

I have no control over the team...

in fact, I've been boycotting the Hawks BECAUSE I have high standards (and among other things)
                  Well, if you're saying Sutter isn't a good coach, and he has a decidedly winning record, I think it's not irrelevant.

Comment

• dude you're supposed to support your team, not boycott when bad times are happening..
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
                      dude you're supposed to support your team, not boycott when bad times are happening..
                      I'm boycotting because the ownership refuses to do anything to make them good... and because the owner will not put the home games on TV
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well, if you're saying Sutter isn't a good coach, and he has a decidedly winning record, I think it's not irrelevant.

the Sutters can't win what matters... CHAMPIONSHIPS
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

A good coach isn't defined as having a stanley cup.
                          Uhm... no.

The Jack Adams trophy can be said to be a measure of the best coach in the league, but if, as a coach, you haven't won the cup, then nobody cares.

Great coach: Scotty Bowman

Really average coach: Pat Quinn
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava

the Sutters can't win what matters... CHAMPIONSHIPS
                            That's odd, because I think a Sutter won his second consecutive championship just the other day.

And his team has also won the WHL championship...

And Daryl Sutter will win the cup this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot
                              Uhm... no.

The Jack Adams trophy can be said to be a measure of the best coach in the league, but if, as a coach, you haven't won the cup, then nobody cares.

Great coach: Scotty Bowman

Really average coach: Pat Quinn
                              Quinn is a terrible coach IMO. I hate him.

Bowman.

The Sutter are relatively young, they're both improving each year. The Cup is coming this year.

Comment

• We'll see about the cup.

Sutter's record looks good. I'm skeptical that this Calgary team has all the right components, but I would like to see Iggy win one in his career.

and despite his record at the Wolrd Juniours, Brent Sutter is a dumbass and anyone coulda won these two past years. He would never, ever succeed at the NHL level.
                                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                                X