X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninot
    Vancouver worked hard for that 1.
    Even with a little payola, it seems.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
      RIght, and then let's make it 3-5 for last minute.. wtf is that all about.. what an idiot referee. Thus, this game was a joke.
      Them's the breaks. Calgary still got a point out of it, fortunately, and Vancouver is still 5 points behind in the standings...but it's still a hard pill to swallow given the bull**** officiating being directly responsible for the goal to send it to OT.

The "trip" in OT is more controversial (as in, it wasn't a blatant non-penalty), but it really did look like the Canuck skated over Leopold's skate and tripped...which I really don't think should be a penalty, it happens when guys collide. Leopold wasn't even looking at the guy, and the guy wasn't looking at him.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

That's Bertuzzi for you. A criminal. Runs his mouth all day long, tries to kill other players and dives like there's no tomorrow. He deserves death without honour.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          That's Bertuzzi for you. A criminal. Runs his mouth all day long, tries to kill other players and dives like there's no tomorrow. He deserves death without honour.
          I really did jump for joy when he got the puck in the ass and looked injured. He's such a scummy player.

Comment

chirp chirp chirp
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I point to the commanding season record, and the team that bumped Vancouver out of the playoffs last season, to indicate who the rightful winner of that game was.

The real losers of this game are Vancouver. Because they got a win against a "contending" team, Nonis is going to continue sitting on his ass and not trade anyone. And Vancouver needs some trades if they're going to win past the regular season, at least.

Comment

The TSN.ca article comments are getting pretty inflammatory towards the refs.

54 posts as of now, majority of them blasting the reffing (including from some canucks fans). There's still the odd Canucks fans that were clearly not watching the game (the couple guys who though Huselius' "holding the stick" was "clearly justified" and the result of "rodeo defence"...)

I wonder if there's any formal review process in the NHL for things like this. Some refs need to be sent back down to the minors...

And yes, the terrible calls went both ways. The tripping call in the 1st on Bertuzzi was bull****, too.

Comment

The overall quality of the reffing was crap, but both teams had to play through it.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                    The overall quality of the reffing was crap, but both teams had to play through it.
                    There's a difference in making crap calls in the start of the 1st, and making 3 crap calls in a row in the last 2 minutes of regulation of a 1-goal game, then in OT.

There was also no call when Iggy was hauled down on the SH break by 2 d-men.

It's one thing to have a bad call give you a 5-4 to PK, it's quite another to PK a 6-3...in the dying minute of the game when you've played another very close, hard game less than 24 hours before that in another timezone...that's called "giftwrapping".

Comment

• 3 in a row? I hear you on the phantom Huselius call, but the others were clear penalties.

Comment

• and the phantom call on huselius cost the game for flames, and cost my damn money!

So hells yeah it's the refs fault. Besides, Huselius didn't even give the ref a reason to call for a penalty, so it's 100% all ref here. He owes me money. Maybe we shall meet in dark alley. I will have no mercy on that soul. Let God sort them out.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Dang, Kontiki's still way ahead in the goalie stats despite my two shutout day. I'm going to have to put Vokoun in and hope for a 50+ save shutout tomorrow.

Comment

• lol calgary lost to vancouver LOL
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                              I wonder if there's any formal review process in the NHL for things like this. Some refs need to be sent back down to the minors...
                              AFAIK, there is, but it doesn't seem to have much of an effect.

I don't think they could be sent down really, but perhaps given less games, and thus less pay.
                              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                                3 in a row? I hear you on the phantom Huselius call, but the others were clear penalties.
                                The other 2 were a direct result from pressure applied from a powerplay that was a phantom call...

And the one in OT was not a clear penalty either. It could have gone either way, most refs would not have called that in OT... The Regehr one late in the third was also marginal, and most refs would not have called that. But at the same time, the marginal call when the 2 vancouver 2-men hauled Iginla down on his shorthanded break was not called...

It's one thing if a ref (especially a new ref) misses some calls, but to call something that was simply not there gets me fuming. Especially in the last 2 minutes of a 1-goal game.
                                Last edited by Asher; January 8, 2006, 14:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X