This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand the staff swap

I did search to see if this had been posted before and didn't find anything.

What's the difference between moderators and vice moderators?

It's not going to make any difference is it, Ming'll still be the one who closes my excellent threads. Or does this mean that Rah can sometimes have a go closing them?

I really shouldn't have said that, now they'll both race to close this one and I'll never get an answer.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

vice moderators are different than regular moderators in that vice moderatoers sometimes go undercover. They pretend to be normal people, but just when you think they are finally becoming cool BAM! you get banned for insulting their haircuts.

regular moderators just close threads
    Monkey!!!

Comment

regular moderators just close threads

And then re-open them so they can take a parting shot at a party who won't be able to reply 'cause the thread will be re-closed.

Right, MtG?

Comment

With a wink. I hate that wink.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Re: I don't understand the staff swap

Originally posted by MikeH
          I did search to see if this had been posted before and didn't find anything.

What's the difference between moderators and vice moderators?
          The best answer you are going to get can be found where your search should have lead you to

Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, but that doesn't answer a damned thing .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I didn't say that it would... just that it was the best answer to date
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                I didn't say that it would... just that it was the best answer to date
                '

To me it seems like its just a pat on the back for one guy and a reflection that the other is not around so much. To the users, it should make no real difference whatsoever
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Solver the miserable old git closed one of my threads earlier on which I thought was quite legitimate - that George W Bush should replace Dan Quayle at the bottom of the Civ scoreboard
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Keep up the on-topic posting PH - it sounds like you really need the practice!

Comment

I have to say with the state that the OT is in these days - and for a long time now - only one moderator is really needed. And I know who'd be my first choice..

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                        I have to say with the state that the OT is in these days - and for a long time now - only one moderator is really needed. And I know who'd be my first choice..
                        Dis?

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                          Well its a tough job for one, unless you don't mind if completely offensive crap would stay up for hours while the mod was asleep.

I have no problem with a few mods being around as long as they try to be a bit consistent in the application of "justice"
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

From the time coverage angle, isn't having two American brothers as mods a bit daft? You'd want an Iranian mod or something to complement Ming.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I thing the big concern is that MtG really hasn't been around much as of late, and we liked that.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X