This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Last Conformist
    From the time coverage angle, isn't having two American brothers as mods a bit daft? You'd want an Iranian mod or something to complement Ming.

An Iranian mod--- could be interesting.

I don't actually think you need that amount of geographical diversity. Any one mod probably has an 18 hour day when they are usually awake and the "could" be on at any moment. Differ sleep patterns even a little and pretty soon you are up to 20-21 hour usual coverage. Add in some European owners and a part-time mod or two and I doubt that its ever very long without someone checking in
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Actually, we have very solid coverage of the OTF. Rah and I watch the "American" time zones, which is the heaviest traffic periods. UR is 14 hours ahead of us, and MarkG checks in at 8 hours ahead of us.

And MtG checks in whenever
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's like... like you don't even trust us!

Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
          It's like... like you don't even trust us!

TRUST the OTF posters

What a hilarious concept
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
            Actually, we have very solid coverage of the OTF. Rah and I watch the "American" time zones, which is the heaviest traffic periods. UR is 14 hours ahead of us, and MarkG checks in at 8 hours ahead of us.

And MtG checks in whenever
            I wasn't aware of all that but it seems sensible. The reality with 4 mods is that any one of them can be on at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
              I have to say with the state that the OT is in these days - and for a long time now - only one moderator is really needed. And I know who'd be my first choice..
              Pekka
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

regular moderators just close threads

And then re-open them so they can take a parting shot at a party who won't be able to reply 'cause the thread will be re-closed.

Right, MtG?
                Moderators don't have to re-open threads to post in them

Comment

We don't?

Comment

Hm. Maybe it's just super-mods. When I've had mod powers at other forums I've been able to...

Comment

I don't think it's necessary with this software either.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Not that I would know. I'm such a crappy mod, I lost the "mod link" no less than four times!

And I've never used it.

Comment

I still can't believe they gave me mod powers on a CDG subforum.
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

In the old days, you had to had to reopen a thread to post in it... now, anybody with mod rights to a forum can post in a closed thread in that forum. Admin and Supermods can do so in any forum.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's like Wife Swap, except... well, there is no signifiant difference.

Comment

I've a feeling we're the wives being swapped here.

Comment

Working...
                                X