2006 World Juniors Hockey Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
    Serb's busy trying to formulate a reply which will explain how the ref missing one goal cost Russia the game.
    Like it's not true?
    The first period was ours, except last four minutes (15:7 shoots on goal in our favor, iirc), despite you played at home, despite your dirty play and despite a very selective attitude of the refs. You've won this game, because you won the war of nerves at the second period. And surely, we've been robbed by the referee at early second period when you were leading 0:2. The referee was a complete f*cker (not that I expected something else, actually) at this episode. There is a great diference between lossing 1:2 and losing 0:2, when you have a 2/3 of the game ahead. I think this was a key moment of the match. We've faced a great drop of morale after this episode.
    ****. What else can I say. My congrats to Canada.
    I hope we'll kick you arses at Olympic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb

Like it's not true?
      The first period was ours, except last four minutes (15:7 shoots on goal in our favor, iirc)
      Too bad your goalie sucked ass and ours didn't.

despite your dirty play

Rough play. The Russians were far dirtier in that game. The Canadians were rougher and bigger.

and despite a very selective attitude of the refs

You've won this game, because you won the war of nerves at the second period

And because Malkin is an overrated sack of **** who can't take a hit without getting riled up.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Too bad your goalie sucked ass and ours didn't.

Rough play. The Russians were far dirtier in that game. The Canadians were rougher and bigger.

And because Malkin is an overrated sack of **** who can't take a hit without getting riled up.

Oh, come on

1) Or goalie made some decent saves, while your goalie enjoyed a pretty comfotable position being closely guarded by your solid defence (it's your , btw)
        2) no way Russians were "far dirtier in that game". The ref did his best to let you score at the first period. And as for me, he realy decided the outcome of the second period and thus the outcome of the entire game, when he stole our goal early at the second period.
        3) wsff?
        4) Watch your tongue, man. I've never said something insulting about any of you players. In case you are true, your players would never tried to knock him-out at the beggining of the game. Besides, Malkin is not our team, but a single player among many. I realy wish he stay at home instead of move to you crappy league. Btw, what is his nomber is NHL draft? Wouldn't it by chance number 1?

Regardles of this crappy crap, we'll see your arses on a neutral ground. I really hope your senior national team wouldl make it to Olympic finals.
        See you there.
        And congrats for an almost deserved victory (you have to agree that we scored early at the second period and therefore the outcome of the game could be different. Nah, you'll never agree that refs were on your side, forget it.) Till next time then.
        Last edited by Serb; January 6, 2006, 19:34.

Comment

• My congratulations to Canada.

Comment

• It's always hard to play vs. you, esp. at your grounds.

But, I believe the day will come and we will bury you again, like we always did except a couple of last years.

Comment

And as for me, he realy decided the outcome of the second period and thus the outcome of the entire game, when he stole our goal early at the second period.
              Stole it? I'm sorry, but things like that just happen. You can't honestly think he saw the goal go in and just didn't count it. If you didn't see the TV broadcast, there is no way you would have thought it went in. Not even the Russian who shot it thought it was a goal. There was no celebration from anyone, and the shot was in and out of the goal in what seemed like a second or two. Basically, the ref had no reason at all to think that the puck crossed the line.

I agree, there is as big difference between 2-0 and 2-1, but don't say the ref stole the goal from you.

Comment

• My commiserations to the Russians. Let's hope we see a better result in Torino.

And congratulations to the mighty Finns!

Thanks to everyone for the running commentary.
                Getting hockey on live TV is a rare privelege. We tend to get nothing but the Olympics coverage here plus a few major tournaments on secondary pay-TV channels.

I feel that's oen big fail in our system of producing more top players. Because they either are world class at the age of 16 or most of them quit. Few years at that crucial age, I bet we'd have twice as many top players and Sweden as well. Something we can never do though.

Good points there SC.

I never had that much talent, so paying more attention to study was a no-brainer. Still, it's sad to see good players giving the game away for the sake of financial security.

I bet they're in the sauna having sex now,

I hope it's tough, heated and tight!

:no_comment:

it looks like Rask is a total ******

No, I have to side with Asher on this one.
                I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

• Originally posted by trickey

Stole it? I'm sorry, but things like that just happen. You can't honestly think he saw the goal go in and just didn't count it. If you didn't see the TV broadcast, there is no way you would have thought it went in. Not even the Russian who shot it thought it was a goal. There was no celebration from anyone, and the shot was in and out of the goal in what seemed like a second or two. Basically, the ref had no reason at all to think that the puck crossed the line.
                  1) That's why they had refs who seat behind each goal and whose job is to watch closely for such moments.
                  2) After a couple of minutes, after multiply playbacks, when it was pretty clear that puck went in, the guy who overseas the match let the referee know that he made a mistake. Then the referee stopped the match and examinated the tape and still said there was no goal.
                  Therefore it was a highway robbery.

I agree, there is as big difference between 2-0 and 2-1,
                  In games like this even a minor thing could decide the outcome. Only the best teams of aprox. same strengh made to finals and ref's mistakes certainly can define who will get a morale boost and will start to getting nervous and thus commit further mistakes.
                  but don't say the ref stole the goal from you.
                  Sure he did.
                  But regardless, we should have done better. Our guys just couldn't get their crap together and come back after 0:2. They could, but they didn't.
                  You were better in this game, I have to admit. And I don't blame our team at all, we've lost to Canada at Canada. Nothing shamefull there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terra Nullius
                    My commiserations to the Russians. Let's hope we see a better result in Torino.

And congratulations to the mighty Finns!
                    Well, silver is still better than bronze.
                    And my condolences to the mighty Finns. Yesterday, Russian champion defeated Finnish champion and won the Cup of European Champions. Two years in a row Finnish Karpat plays in final and loses to Russians one single goal. Your come back after 2:4 was awesome, Pekka. Great match, much better than Russia-Canada, imho.

Comment

1) That's why they had refs who seat behind each goal and whose job is to watch closely for such moments.
                      2) After a couple of minutes, after multiply playbacks, when it was pretty clear that puck went in, the guy who overseas the match let the referee know that he made a mistake. Then the referee stopped the match and examinated the tape and still said there was no goal.
                      Therefore it was a highway robbery.
                      He said there was a goal, but it could not count because due to IIHF rules (like NHL rules), after play resumes it is too late.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                      X