No announcement yet.

2006 World Juniors Hockey Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My understanding is that our team is markedly worse than last year, mainly because of the lockout and the fact that most of last year's team was right at the age limit. I believe we're using a much larger number of 17 and 18 year olds this time around rather than 19 year olds. I don't know if Canada is the favorite, but if we are, I'm sure we're not the overwhelming favorite like in years past.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
      My understanding is that our team is markedly worse than last year, mainly because of the lockout and the fact that most of last year's team was right at the age limit. I believe we're using a much larger number of 17 and 18 year olds this time around rather than 19 year olds. I don't know if Canada is the favorite, but if we are, I'm sure we're not the overwhelming favorite like in years past.
      WE had not been an overwhelming favorite for a number of years but last year with the lockout, we had EVERY junior-aged player available and it made for a superlative team that may never be matched.

This years squad may be good but imagine how much better it would be with Sydney Crosbie in the lineup
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I did a bit of reading and apparently it the the American squad that is considered the favorites with the Russians seen as right in there. Canada is viewed as a contender but with less of a chance than those two

The Canadian roster has every player already drafted by the NHL except one. . . .
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

We will bury you, all of you.
          GO RUSSIA, GO!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Canada beat the Czechs in a pre-tournament game last night 2-1.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Canada beat the Czechs in a pre-tournament game last night 2-1.
              yep and took too many penalties doing it

Comment

as if pre-tournament games mean anything ... it's not even an indicator. The history shows, the worse we do in pre-tournament, the better we do in the actual tournament.

FACT.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Good, because the Canadian team was pretty awful last night.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I realize your girl sport isn't good enough for its own name -- is what why you're using our one?
                    I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Nullius
                      I realize your girl sport isn't good enough for its own name -- is what why you're using our one?
                      Noone is on my ignore list, but i MIGHT start with you. Your trolling isn't even imaginative.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

OMFG! You're going to put me on ice?!!
                        Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

When it comes to maintaining the standard of trolling around here,..
                        Blame Asher

I realize your girl sport isn't good enough for its own thread -- is what why you're using this one?
                        And to answer Asher's question more directly, I found this thread languishing on Page 4 after the OP. I consider this to be an ignominious death for a hockey thread. So, I bumped it. If no one else is interested in hockey I, at least am.

(OK, so some people have a badly mistaken idea of what 'hockey' really is, but at least their heart's in the right place)

edit: roflmao
                        and!!! I just got the "You will be the victim of a bizarre joke" page.
                        I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

The part of the world that matters knows that "Hockey" refers to ice hockey.

This thread will pick up more after the tournament starts...

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Nullius
                            Blame Asher
                            Who doesn't?
                            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

The part of the world that matters to Asher erroneously believes that "Hockey" refers to ice hockey.
                              Fixed

Comment

hey, aren 't their any lebs left?
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X