X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    You never know with Americans. Really.
    Tell me about it

They still play this silly game where a bunch of guys get dressed up like parti-coloured astronauts and go figure-skating while carrying around these big-arse paddle thingies.

Best of all, they try to get away with calling it hockey?!!
    I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Or better yet, they play this game where they throw pig skin, shout out complements to opposite players 'hot hot hot!' and get ready to make a big man pile. Then after the man pile is done and pig skin is found, they slap each others buttocks and slam nipples together.

And they call it 'football' and 'war'.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

mmmm,.. man-piles

meanwhile, the champions trophy final is unfolding as we speak and i have to wait 'til tonight to see it. If I can even find somewhere with cable access.

Comment

Hockey

Comment

Who are those guys? Whats that green stuff? I've never seen it before.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Re: 2006 World Juniors Hockey Championship

No Dion Phaneuf, Brent Seabrook, or Sidney Crosby.
              No NHL lockout . . .

Can you imagine if any of those guys were playing again this year. Crosby is absolutely young enough and I'd bet a good chunk of last year's team could play if they weren't so busy being NHLer's.

This year is a more typical one where Canada ( and every other nation for that matter) knows that their very best players won't be at the tourney since they are regulars in the pros
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Re: Re: 2006 World Juniors Hockey Championship

Originally posted by Flubber

This year is a more typical one where Canada ( and every other nation for that matter) knows that their very best players won't be at the tourney since they are regulars in the pros
                They have great talent there tho. Canada will still win

Comment

Field Hockey is obsolete.

"Ice" Hockey is better in every way.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                    Who are those guys? Whats that green stuff? I've never seen it before.
                    That's called a beach. Dumb americans!

Didn't you hear about the race riots in Cronulla the other day? The swarthy one in front is trying to desecrate a sacred white cricket ball. The Aussie behind him is just doing his patriotic duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Nullius

That's called a beach. Dumb americans!

Didn't you hear about the race riots in Cronulla the other day? The swarthy one in front is trying to desecrate a sacred white cricket ball. The Aussie behind him is just doing his patriotic duty.
                      A beach?! WOW!

Comment

Field Hockey is obsolete.

"Ice" Hockey is better in every way.

I suppose you believe that track running is also obsolete...

Originally posted by Terra Nullius

He's trying to make off with the ashes

Comment

Kookas (3) : Netherlands (1)

Better than drugs.

Comment

I realize your girl sport isn't good enough for its own thread -- is what why you're using this one?
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I don't know, Canada is #1 favourite but Russia is laying out a very good team also. THey have Malkin, and he is by far the best player in this whole tournament and no one comes close to him. Who knows, they might give a good run for our money...
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                                I don't know, Canada is #1 favourite but Russia is laying out a very good team also. THey have Malkin, and he is by far the best player in this whole tournament and no one comes close to him. Who knows, they might give a good run for our money...
                                Totally possible-- Age limited tournaments like this one see an almost complete turnover of rosters so it is tough to judge which team will be dominant in a given year. Canada's goaltending looks strong and I think overall we have a strong team but only time will tell.

As for Russia, my image of Malken is of the event last year where by the second period NONE of the Russians wanted anything to do with the puck after being thoroughly crunched repeatedly by the big Canadian D. I'm sure he is a much better player than what was showed in that game and the Canadian D is nowhere near as good ( in Calgary I see Phaneuf play and he will be a superstar) so it could be interesting
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X