No announcement yet.

2006 World Juniors Hockey Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, you kicked our arses last year, it's our turn now.

I look forward to this game. That's gonna be a real warfare

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
      Well it wasn't even very close for upset. Crap game from our team, Rask played good however, again.

I have to say that ref was again on crack and there were so much BS calls it makes me sick.
      Canada was clearly better and Finland had hardly any chances. The Finn powerplay was unbelievably bad.

I think the ref did a good job. There were a few mistakes, but he had a consistent line throughout the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
        I believe rebounds were important on a couple of the goals.
        Only one goal came from a rebound and I think it was the third shot that beat Rask. Not Rask's fault in my opinion, just bad coverage from the defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minute Mirage

I think the ref did a good job. There were a few mistakes, but he had a consistent line throughout the game.
          THat was my take. He allowed hits but if your stick hooked a guy in any way, off to the box you went.

Canada's powerplay was not much better than the Finn's. The Canadian commentators are saying that it needs to be beter against the Russians if canada hopes to win
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Minute Mirage

Only one goal came from a rebound and I think it was the third shot that beat Rask. Not Rask's fault in my opinion, just bad coverage from the defense.
            It was the third shot from the SAME PLAYER-- It was terrible defensive coberage to allow the same player a chance to shoot 3 times in succession.

You are right though since I am vow recalling that two of the goals were on semi-breakaways where Canadian players marched in alone and the last goal was a long floater where Rask was completely screened and never ever saw the puck
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• No, the reffing in this tournament has been the worst in a long time.

This is NOT NHL rules.

This is PURE ****.

And even in the hits it's not consistent. At least we got two charging hits, and none of them were close charging. Barely touched the guys. It was unbelievably bad reffing IMO, but not biased. I'm not saying that. It was just universally **** ****ing refereeing.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

No, the reffing in this tournament has been the worst in a long time.

This is NOT NHL rules.

This is PURE ****.

And even in the hits it's not consistent. At least we got two charging hits, and none of them were close charging. Barely touched the guys. It was unbelievably bad reffing IMO, but not biased. I'm not saying that. It was just universally **** ****ing refereeing.
                Huh Finland took one charging penalty out of eight minors called

3 interference
                1 holding
                1 charging
                1 delay of game
                1 roughing
                1 highsticking

and Canada

1 Charging
                1 cross checking
                2 holding
                1 interference
                1 hooking

The fact that Finland took a few more penalties was a DIRECT result of Canadian pressure .

I agree that both charging calls might not have been charging but the ref probably could have called them as hitting from behind or something which IIRC may carry stiffer penalties

The reffing in the early games was garbage in that they seened to call a penalty on every nice hit but apparently they had a meeting about it and it has been much much better since then

Comment

• Finland wins Bronze over the US! So much for the US being favourites.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• The fans in Vancouver are classless. They're chating "overrated" now...
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• That's awful.

Congratulations Finland. The US looks like they had their hearts torn out some time ago in this tournament. They had so much talent.

90 minutes to the real thing. Those Russians are going to be tough.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Flubber, yes but if you took your eye out of your pooping machine you would see there were many more than one BS calls, and also against Canada . I never said the other team benefitted from it, since it went both ways, just like I've said during the whole games.

But yeah, they played pretty good tonight. US had a bad night or something. THIS was the game I'd say reffing was pretty good. Tight, but also good.

There were 2 BS calls, one against Finland at the end of the game were US made PP goal, and then earlier against US, when Finland made PP goal. But so far best reffign I've seen in these games.

Good luck against Russia, I think it'll be a tough one.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                          The fans in Vancouver are classless. They're chating "overrated" now...
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Great game by the Finns, that was a deserved win.

Comment

• Finland.

Comment

Flubber, yes but if you took your eye out of your pooping machine you would see there were many more than one BS calls, and also against Canada . I never said the other team benefitted from it, since it went both ways, just like I've said during the whole games.
                                Actually during the second intermission, the commentators played a clip of each of the penalties and it was easy to see why each of them had been called to that point.

Oh and Pekka if you could count you would see that Finland had one charging penalty , not "at least two"-- I saw that , even with my eye in my ass

Comment

Working...
                                X