Explosions Rock Oil Depot North of London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saras

Russia signs a nonaggression treaty with Germany and moves on Poland.
    Should I stock up on my cabbage pickled with pomegranate now ?
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

You mean you HAVEN'T ALREADY ? Don't you see THE SIGNS???
      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

You mean you HAVEN'T ALREADY ? Don't you see THE SIGNS???

Are you channeling Obi Gyn or Philosophiser now ?

One of my favourite sites:

PROPHECY VIDEOS - ONE WORLD: Globalism, the Anti-Christ & Planet Earth's Last Days and TERRORISM: The New War on Freedom-Understanding Islamic Jihad by Caryl Matrisciana, I Saw the Tribulation by Ken Peters, Countdown to Eternity by Bil Galatin, Startling Proofs by Peter and Paul Lalonde, Messages from Heaven, End Times in the Words of Jesus, Prophecy Survival Guide by Russ Doughton Films at ARMAGEDDON BOOKS Bible prophecy bookstore. Topics include: Antichrist, Armageddon, 666, Tribulation, Rapture, Millennium, Israel, Second Coming, Mark of the Beast, Revelation, Daniel, and much more!
        Attached Files

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

Should I stock up on my cabbage pickled with pomegranate now ?
            Seriously though, this would only mean bad news for Russia.

Comment

Seriously though, this would only mean bad news for Russia.
              Especially if I ate a lot of it.

Comment

Didn't hear it here.
                My understanding is that the atmospheric inversion that allowed the sound to be heard so far away would not necessarily allow sound to be heard a shorter distance away, due to the path the sound took.

Comment

What many people don't understand is how difficult it is to ignite diesel fuel, or even jet fuel (essentially kerosene).

You can pour it in a puddle and throw a match in it, and the match will go out.

Now gasoline (petrol) is a very different story.

One of the theories is that the 3,000,000 gallon petrol tank had a major leak, and this ignited (exploded) which set off the fires in the other tanks. This is feasible. There are all kinds of alarms that would be set off with even a smallish leak. And each tank sits in a dedicated containment basin that prevents leaking fuel from spreading. But this can be botched if the backflow devices in the storm drainage system are tampered with or malfunction.

I also read a speculation that some sort of emergent maintenance operation may have been conducted without following safety standards.

It may turn out to be a combination of the two.

Yes, it could simply be a coincidence that Chevron-Texaco is currently pushing inappropriate Production Sharing Agreements down the Iraqi's throats. Although Chevron won't comment on the issue. And Chevron was the first company to tanker Iraqi oil out after Operation Enduring Freedom. And Condi Rice is a former Director with Chevron-Texaco. And Al-quada warned of attacks on oil storage facilities.

I love conspiracy theories. Even silly ones.

Has anyone suggested sabotage? (by employee)
                  Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

Are you channeling Obi Gyn or Philosophiser now ?

One of my favourite sites:

http://www.armageddonbooks.com/video.html
                    Zoophilia
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Viking

Now gasoline (petrol) is a very different story.
                      Yes and no - it's not that easy again :

Intuitor Insultingly Stupid Movie Physics: Reviews and rates Hollywood movies for bad physics content

look for "Flaming Cars" and "Cigarettes as Lighters".
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Actually, 1.4% to 7.6% is an extremely HIGH range of vapour content to provide an explosion, and left to themselves, car fires often end up in what most people would call an "explosion", although nothing that lifts the car off the ground and throws it on it's roof, like we see in movies. More of a loud, violent bursting into flames.

But you and the site are correct that it is far from automatic, a relatively slow process, and not nearly as violent an explosion as show on TV...
                        Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                        X