Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So your in the year 500 ce.... island in the sea of time time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So your in the year 500 ce.... island in the sea of time time!

.....stipulations for this situation:

When you first read this message you and everything within 50 feet of you find yourself in the year 500 CE.

If you would not be on land or inside solid rock, or fall to your death etc, you are on the nearest stable land. We also assume you speak whatever the dominant language of the area.

The suggested course of action is to conquer the world but that is hard.....

So, WHAT DO YOU DO?

Note; I recind my comment a few months ago that I could proboably build a radio.

Can I assume this means I and everything within 50 feet of me right now this very moment gets transported backward in time to 500 CE right in this very same geographic spot?
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Providing being in the spot does not kill you because you would drown, be inside of rock or fall to your death, yes.

If this would result in your dorm room appearing in ancient rome, I would suggest running.

If the urban center you live in does not yet exist, or has not yet spread to where you are, you are more fortunate.

I'm stuck in New York, damn savages heh... my prospects for world dominations are zilch.

Comment

Vesayen I your threads.

500 CE this place has very weak central government, and the arabs aren't yet to bee seen. I imagine I could do some chemistry stuff, esp. since I have books for this.

What exactly? I dunno.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Hmm, just Googled the history of this area circa 500 CE. The Martis people of the Sierra Nevadas had just finished their run from 3000 BCE to 500 CE. They may have become the progenitors of the Washoe and Maidu peoples. I am in an excellent position to create a civilization that predates European contact by about 1200 years. I have numerous technological devices and some possible means of creating electricity (electromagnetic motors and a river nearby to build water wheels on), as well as some medicines, my truck, books (particularly college books I've used and my stepdad's), firearms ( ), spare gasoline, a solar water heater and so on. This area has (well, in the pre-settled days had) abundant fresh water supplies and active geothermal power potential. Hell, even the valley that Reno and Sparks are situated in (the Truckee Meadows as it's called) make for an excellent site for a city-state with defendable points of access and fresh water. There are decent farmlands east and south of the valley, mining prospects further out in all directions, and easy non-Winter access to the Central Valley of California. I may well be in a position to drastically rewrite the course of the history of the Americas...

Of course, then again, this might be the makings of a Grandfather Paradox. My ancestors came from Britain, Scotland, France, and Germany. My mom, biological father, and I were all born in Chicago, Illinois... so guess what I won't be doing in this scenario? Being born in the first place.

Comment

So it's 500 CE, and I find myself on the island of Luzon, just a few feet from spectacular Manila Bay (which is still pristine, something I can't even imagine). I'm surrounded by tropical beauty, except for an immediate 50-foot radius; there, I'm surrounded by useless documents and even more useless electronic equipment.

What do I do? Lose my socks, shoes, shirt and tie; bury everything within a 50-foot radius; grab a coconut and a Filipina, and enjoy life.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Don't worry, Rufus. The American Union of Civilized Peoples will protect your South Pacific descendants from the white-skinned savages from Europe that will ty to invade in a few centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                Don't worry, Rufus. The American Union of Civilized Peoples will protect your South Pacific descendants from the white-skinned savages from Europe that will ty to invade in a few centuries.
                What does he care about a few centuries from then?
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

We will leave Canada at the mercy of the White Devil.

Except, we'll secure your oil before the Europeans figure out what oil is.

Comment

The last thread we did on this had me deciding that I spend my days scratching the Dirac equation in 10 foot high letters into a cliff face
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Either that or try to organise the Susquehannock tribe into an pan-American empire that will peak in the 17th century, just in time to discourage European settlement.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        The last thread we did on this had me deciding that I spend my days scratching the Dirac equation in 10 foot high letters into a cliff face
                        We'll be sure to keep the Europeans away from that, too.

Which has less to do about keeping the Europeans less educated and more to do with keeping them from firing cannonballs at it in an attempt to see if there's gold behind it inside the cliff face.

Comment

Ooooh, OOoooh, I've got it! I'll burn Mecca!

preemptive strikes
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

When was Mecca founded?
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Circa 300 CE I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X