Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russia: The Peace Corps is a CIA Front!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vince278

If you are right then he won't be re-"elected". Why worship him then?
    I forgot to add sarcastic smile.
    If he won't be re-elected all I want is confirmation of the following:
    a) Serb was right
    b) Putin keeps his word

Who'd be a likely successor?
    I have no idea. I've never voted for Putin anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
      So, you claim there was no hunger elsewhere in Russia at this time?
      Why was food being exported to pay for machinery at the same time that millions were dying of starvation?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

This topic deserves its own thread and sh!tloads of my free time.
        Good idea but I'll summarize - The Soviet government admitted in the late 1980's its own responsibility for the deaths of 5-10 million Ukrainians in the 1932-33 famine.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I have no idea. I've never voted for Putin anyway.
          May I ask who you did vote for?
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Why was food being exported to pay for machinery at the same time that millions were dying of starvation?
            Ask Russian Tzars who started this. Hunger was always a "normal" disaster in Russia. And Russia exported grain for centuries before the Bolsheviks, basicly, because it has nothing else to sell. The difference among them is that under the Bolsheviks hunger became an abnormal event and that Bolsheviks exported grain to pay for machinery to build plants to produce tractors and thus prevent next famine and to build weapons to protect the country from the internal enemies. Within FEW years Soviets created both modern agriculture based upon domestic produced machines and military industry wich allowed the defeat of Hitler.
            It's something what Russian tzars were unable to acomplish within centuries.

Comment

Good idea but I'll summarize - The Soviet government admitted in the late 1980's its own responsibility for the deaths of 5-10 million Ukrainians in the 1932-33 famine.
              In the late 1980's Gorbi and his Russian Guebels Yakovlev admitted that Stalin killed several if not hundreds of millions of its own citizens, so what? It proves anything except Soviet government in the late 1980's was a bunch of bullsh!ters and traitors?

Comment

May I ask who you did vote for?
                Last time it was Glaziev. Ever herad about him?

Comment

Ask Russian Tzars who started this. Hunger was always a "normal" disaster in Russia. And Russia exported grain for centuries before the Bolsheviks, basicly, because it has nothing else to sell. The difference among them is that under the Bolsheviks hunger became an abnormal event and that Bolsheviks exported grain to pay for machinery to build plants to produce tractors and thus prevent next famine and to build weapons to protect the country from the internal enemies. Within FEW years Soviets created both modern agriculture based upon domestic produced machines and military industry wich allowed the defeat of Hitler.
                  It's something what Russian tzars were unable to acomplish within centuries.
                  We are talking about a few years in the 30's, long after your boogeyman Tzars were dead in ditches in the forest.

It's curious that you accept millions dead in a famine to buy machinery to reduce famines.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

In the late 1980's Gorbi and his Russian Guebels Yakovlev admitted that Stalin killed several if not hundreds of millions of its own citizens, so what? It proves anything except Soviet government in the late 1980's was a bunch of bullsh!ters and traitors?
                    How can a government be accused of treason against itself?

Comment

• Governments /= the nation.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• cf Quisling, Vichy, the Bolsheviks.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb
                          Last time it was Glaziev. Ever herad about him?
                          A little. A pro-communist co-leader of the Rodina faction in the Duma. Was dismissed after losing the election. I liked what he said about Putin (in an RIA-Novosti interview): "There is one politician making decisions in our country. All the rest are implementing his decisions and imitate their own political activity”.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

We are talking about a few years in the 30's, long after your boogeyman Tzars were dead in ditches in the forest.
                            15 years is not so long. Esp. considering that country laid in ruins after WW1, Civil war and foreign intervention.

It's curious that you accept millions dead in a famine to buy machinery to reduce famines.
                            I have to repeat my message:
                            SU accomplished within few years what Russian Empire was unable to accomplish within centuries - USSR created a modern, efficient agricalture and modern, efficient industry. Without modern industry there would be no modern agricalture sufficient enough to prevent further famines. Without modern industry USSR would have been crushed by Nazi Germany just like Russian Empire has been crushed in WW1.
                            Soviets use the same source of cash as Russian Empire - grain export, beacuse at this moment they simply had no other source of cash to by techs and equipment from the West. But aside Tzars of the Russian Empire who keep feeding Europe and spent revenues on their own needs and luxuries, while their population keep starving, starving and starving, thus dying, dying and dying over and over again, Soviets used the cash to MODERNIZE the country to prevent this in the future.

I though you are a smart man NYE, why don't you find some data about famines in Russian Empire, than compare it with the composition of the export of Russian Empire for the same period? You can also try to find data about the composition of Soviet export in late 30's. Read at least somethin about Soviet growth in 30's
                            So far, you just repeating your propaganda cliches.
                            Last edited by Serb; December 10, 2005, 03:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278

How can a government be accused of treason against itself?
                              Not itself, against its predecessor.
                              And YES, Gorbachev IS AN IDIOT. Doest it explain at least something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278

A little. A pro-communist co-leader of the Rodina faction in the Duma. Was dismissed after losing the election.
                                My choice

I liked what he said about Putin (in an RIA-Novosti interview): "There is one politician making decisions in our country. All the rest are implementing his decisions and imitate their own political activity”.
                                I love statements during election campaign

Comment

Working...
                                X