No announcement yet.

George Best has died...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and who needs feet, if you have hands?

Aren't you going to try and get your arse to Utrecht this afternoon then? It can't be that hard for you to get to, surely?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Nope.

Too much work, no car, am awake since yesterday.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

Maradona described Best as the second-best player ever, but that may have been to annoy Pele.
        Maradona also said Pele was gay and that he was a "little dirty ****".
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
          Nope.

Too much work, no car, am awake since yesterday.
          That's your own silly bloody fault, and never heard of public transport. And it gets you out of Belgium for a bit so it can't be bad
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Dr Strangelove and Imran,

Yes, they did play against each other. In the US in 1976 according to a swedish paper's (Sydsvenska Dagbladet) obituary.

Carolus

Comment

Must have been a hell of a game .

That NASL was an interesting experiment, but they messed up the financials.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

what a waste

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

That NASL was an interesting experiment, but they messed up the financials.
                  Not just that Imran, they forgot to support grass roots development of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                    Not just that Imran, they forgot to support grass roots development of the sport.
                    Well part of that is the financials .

The problem was that you had 2 or 3 uber teams and then other squads that really had no chance. You could have developed the grass roots if you had a number of teams with a chance to succeed (creating fans in places other than NY or LA). Also the disparity made it difficult for the league, in general, to pay for youth programs.

However, all was not lost. The 1990 and 1994 teams grew up watching the NASL and took interest as a result. Without those teams, US soccer would probably not be developed as it is now.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

US soccer is developed?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                        "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars - the rest I just squandered."

"I used to go missing a lot...Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World..."

"In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life."
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

pele is at least bi sexual, he admited to lose his virginity to a male teen prostitute.
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                          X