No announcement yet.

George Best has died...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am I the only one who quickly glanced at this and saw George Bush? I got all happy for a moment.

Comment

Nah Dis, it's easy to tell them apart - George Best was a genius!

Comment

The only similarity is that they both had drinking problems.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

But Best wasn't a cokehead!

Comment

The news article compared him to Pele. Just out of curiosity I wonder if they ever played against each other?
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
              The news article compared him to Pele. Just out of curiosity I wonder if they ever played against each other?
              I'd guess they would have in the American league that was set up in the late 70's?

I know they both played in that league...$$$$$$$$

Comment

Possibly in a friendly aswell, Pele's played everywhere.

I disagree with the bloke on the news that Best was a better all-round player than Pele, but he was still a great of any time.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I've never seen enough of Best to judge him TBH, Pele has the advantages of both a long career and playing for Brazil in World Cups.

Comment

They may have faced off. Best played for Seattle, San Jose, and one other team I can't remember in the NASL and Pele played for the NY Cosmos at the same time (on the same squad as Beckenbauer, IIRC).
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

the news stories annoy me - Best was a gifted sportsman not a saint

celebrate his life.
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                        Maradona described Best as the second-best player ever, but that may have been to annoy Pele.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Pele might have agreed to annoy Maradona
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I have no idea who's second or third but I do know that Maradonna wins "best footballer like eva" by a mile...make that several miles.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I don't think so...not after his 'hand of God' business
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Funny that, They were running some program last week(BBC) on that very match and guess what...50 repeats of said goal and not one, not even a still, of the second one ( often refered to as "who needs teammates!").
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X