Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Best has died...

The story at BBC:

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online.

Carolus

Sorry to hear. They did warn that it was going to happen today.

R.I.P.

Comment

>>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

The sad thing is that he had the world at his feet and he threw it all away.
        STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Damn I didn't see that one coming
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It's sad to see him go but it's always been quite clear that this was one guy who was not going to be a long lived old age pensioner. And, as someone who is getting a bit long in the tooth myself, I think I would give up a few years of senility for a bit of his kind of lifestyle:

Best often recalled the story of how a bellboy entered his hotel room early one morning only to find the Manchester United star lying in bed drunk with the current Miss World at his side, a dozen bottles of champagne on the floor and several thousand pounds of cash won from a night's gambling on the nightstand.

Comment

* raises his beer *
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I happened to see a sports program this monday which mentioned he was in the hospital...

If they have Internet access in heaven... I'd like to ask you, George Best, was it all worth it?
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

@Peter

thats only half the story mate. The bellboy asked Best "So where did it all go wrong Mr Best", the guys loaded and sh@gging Miss World!!!!

@ Merc

Fookin' right it was!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                    If they have Internet access in heaven... I'd like to ask you, George Best, was it all worth it?
                    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Only feebs vote.

Comment

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars - the rest I just squandered."

"I used to go missing a lot...Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World..."

"In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life."
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          Your sarcasm sucks.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            Get out of the sports thread, geek boy!

Comment

Long live George Worst
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                              X