No announcement yet.

Canadian government to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are we having this expensive election? All we are going to is re-elect another minority Liberal goverment.

NYE- As if the Harper and Conservatives wouldn't cater to the americans alot more than Liberals. Especially with this current US adminstration.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

People who say those things are usually victims of Liberal scare mongering.

Or radical commies who think that a conservative by definition is somewhat evil
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
        People who say those things are usually victims of Liberal scare mongering.
        Hell I don't need to listen to liberals. All I have to do is look south over the border and see a conservative goverment that scares the hell out me.

And the people that would actually elect such a leader as bush scare the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Webster
          Why are we having this expensive election? All we are going to is re-elect another minority Liberal goverment.

Well the promises are more expensive than the election itself . . . I saw calculations that said the Liberals were making new spending promises at about the rate ofa billion a day
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Max Webster

Hell I don't need to listen to liberals. All I have to do is look south over the border and see a conservative goverment that scares the hell out me.

And the people that would actually elect such a leader as bush scare the hell out of me.

I agree that the current American admin is . But I don't necessarily think you can assume a Conservative Canadian government would be similar

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
              Or radical commies who think that a conservative by definition is somewhat evil
              Well i was working within the Ontario school system when Harris was in power. Sure the system needed changes. But how he went about it really made me lose a lot of respect for conservative goverments.

Comment

Maybe were going to have to learn to live with coalition governments.
                What?

Comment

Well the promises are more expensive than the election itself . . . I saw calculations that said the Liberals were making new spending promises at about the rate ofa billion a day
                  Just because a goverment spends money is not necessairly a bad thing. Just don't put us in hole doing it. And spend it wisely.
                  Some of these promises are just ploys for election. When it comes to the actual spending goverments have been know to change their minds or not spend as much as they promised.

How is Canada doing financially at this moment?

Comment

I agree that the current American admin is . But I don't necessarily think you can assume a Conservative Canadian government would be similar
                    I look at the last Conservative Cdn federal, and provincial(in Sask anyway), governments and assume they would suck. Plus I haven't heard anything from their platform that makes me change my mind. The Liberals may be corrupt but at least they do it within budget.

The odd thing is that in the paper today they had a list of candidates and there was no Liberal in my riding.
                    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

But I don't necessarily think you can assume a Conservative Canadian government would be similar
                      NYE just got down telling me earlier in this thread that the Liberals are catering to the Americans.

Well if the Liberals are being influenced by the Americans. Then definitely the Conseratives will be having those crazy conservative yanks over for supper every night.
                      Last edited by Max Webster; November 29, 2005, 14:24.

Comment

Your government's opinion doesn't really matter, you know. The Supremacy Clause and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader

I look at the last Conservative Cdn federal, and provincial(in Sask anyway), governments and assume they would suck.
                          You are judging these conservatives based on Mulroney??? Wow. Many people don't go for them because they are NOT the old Progressive Conservatives

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
                            Maybe were going to have to learn to live with coalition governments.

Historically this has not been the case since federally we had at most two and a half parties. BUt we now have 4 parties so coalitions may be something we learn to do . Its tough however since no one wants to be seen as playing too closely with the bloc

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader

I look at the last Conservative Cdn federal, and provincial(in Sask anyway), governments and assume they would suck. Plus I haven't heard anything from their platform that makes me change my mind. The Liberals may be corrupt but at least they do it within budget.

The odd thing is that in the paper today they had a list of candidates and there was no Liberal in my riding.
                              Oh so why not judge conservatives based on Alberta.???They have had nothing but Conservative governments for like forever so you don't get into arguments about a government of another stripe creating the conditions for prosperity.

Oh I see . . . the fiscal situation may have nothing to do with good government and everything to do with changing world conditions and resources that we can sell??

I look at the liberals and see adscam and gun registry. I look at the economy and frankly I think it would continue to chug along quite nicely thanks . . .

Actually the parallel between the federal situation and the Alberta one does exist. In each case you have people sticking with the existing party since things "seem pretty good"

Comment

dp for some reason.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X