No announcement yet.

Canadian government to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin's government fell into peril after it lost the support of the New Democratic Party. New Democrats leader Jack Layton -- whose support of Martin's scandal-plagued minority government earlier this year helped him escape early elections -- said he hadn't received enough assurances that the Liberal Party would crack down on the increased use of private health care in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
      Yeah, but my absentee ballot might arrive in Baltimore while I'm in Montreal, and by the time I get back to Baltimore it might be too late to send it in.

If the election is held like on Jan. 9 I'm screwed (will probably be in Montreal from Dec. 23-Jan.8)
      Martin is likely to delay the vote til the middle of January.

You should check into advanced polls though, and not just absentee ballots. Between the two you should be covered.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        Martin's government fell into peril after it lost the support of the New Democratic Party. New Democrats leader Jack Layton -- whose support of Martin's scandal-plagued minority government earlier this year helped him escape early elections -- said he hadn't received enough assurances that the Liberal Party would crack down on the increased use of private health care in Canada.

That's their position. That's one of the reasons they get a small number of MPs every time out.

That's democracy.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
          I think one of the more compelling questions is is this going to be Harper's last stand? I'm pretty confident in predicting another Liberal minority government, which will mean Harper has A) forced an election that will serve no purpose B) failed to lead the Conservatives to victory twice in the face of a major scandal by the Liberals. And if Harper does go, what's next for the Conservatives?
          He'll be toast, barring a miracle in Southern Ontario, and then the front runner would be McKay. However, who actually wins is anybody's guess.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            Fark. I don't know how I'm supposed to vote for this ****. I'm not sure if I'll be in Montreal on election day or not.

6 weeks from Monday is the 2nd of January. They can't be serious, can they?
            I m pretty sure I read in the papers they taking a break for Holidays and the actual election will be end of January or something.

Comment

Maka Koto (Bloc Quebecois) is the current MP for my riding. He'll win again easily.

It'll be fun to see which party gets the minority government tho. Hope Conservatives take it so the Liberals have to make some changes.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

/off topic
                Today François Legault was at my university(he presented his "finance of an independant quebec").

One month before it was A. Boisclair.... who was having his fanclub ready to suck each of his insipid idea. Grrr I was ****ing mad to my stupid costudent.
                One thing I really hate from political party: Too many members are some indipid ********er.

Before I use to live in Beloeil(south of Montreal) my deputy was J.P. Charbonneau. Many times he was able to confront the main program of the political party, and he was able to raise good question.

Mr. Legault was really more interesting than A. Boisclair. He had some idea to present and ready to debate. André Boisclair was in 'seducing mode'.(Seduce and Destroy.. lol). I'm pretty sure he will be a good leader of the PQ.. Yeah, he seem like The Prince of Machiavelli. Not a bad thing... but for any intelligent people, we will see how he lie, how he is able to maintain the discipline in the party, how he manage to keep the power.

About Mr. Legaut even if i have to give a more deep look at his idea, and he had his fanclub who occupied the three first row of table and asking some stupid ********ing question. It was good!

/ off topic end
                But now back to the subject. One single tought I have in mind, how in 50years, our generation will judge us if we dont "overthrow" liberals party?

And if the conservative wins the next election... I do think it will be a central moment in Canada history... Canada will broke or become more unite.

good night,
                bleh

Comment

Uhmmmmmm, ok.

How did you get inspired to write about Boisclair and so on?
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Accumulated frustration....

Originally posted by Ninot
                    Uhmmmmmm, ok.

How did you get inspired to write about Boisclair and so on?
                    bleh

Comment

If this keeps up Martin will be the only PM other than Lester B. Pearson to have multiple minority governments and no majorities.

And I'm sorry to say that old Paul can't hold a candle to Lester.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Can't wait to see if the Conservatives can manage to properly use Gomery in Ontario. That's what's going to decide who will form the new government IMO.

How are things playing out in the Maritimes?
                        What?

Comment

Canada

Bloody Jews

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                            Canada

Bloody Jews
                            You're toying with me.
                            What?

Comment

You'll cope.