Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jazeera's studios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted Striker
    I'm still no Al Jazerra fan, they are the middle east equivalent of Fox News.

But bombing their studios is obviously criminal.
    Hey, there's plenty of people who are not a big fan of the USA or Bush.

Still they think bombing them is criminal. (and this includes a lot of people living in the axis of evil. I can personnally attest to this.)
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Yeah, I know, and in fact I had a friend in the Axis of Evil. (Iran)

I always wonder how she's doing.

The Iranian kids are especially sympathetic towards the USA.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        Ted, you prolly just missed that part of the news, it was pretty big news then... I'm sure they didn't miss that one in there.
        I'm sure they did - far too embarrassing to report that to the public...

Just like they tried to ban these:
        Attached Files
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Yeah, our media is heavily censored. Alot of it comes from the government, the rest of it from corporate sponsors.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Oh, another 97 US soldiers dead in less than a month...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Can't say I remember those stories either, but then nothing this administration does these days surprises me.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Damn, you guys either have bad memories or need better quality news sources. I stick pretty much with American sources (NYTimes, Newshour, local newspaper) and I remember all of that stuff.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Biased news

Bombed news

Shame on you, shame on you!!!!
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    1079 days left

sigh
                    Don't lose hope. Miracles do happen. He was elected in a '0 year.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                      You're destined to be a conservative, MrFun.
                      You say that as if it weren't already so. I hear Log Cabins are quite lonely though.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                        Why does the Bush Administration hate free speach?
                        Because the truth makes them look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                          Can't say I remember those stories either, but then nothing this administration does these days surprises me.
                          I remember both, and people said I was crazy when I argued that neither was an accident. I guess I'm owed yet another apology.

You people really need to start listening to me.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            I remember both, and people said I was crazy when I argued that neither was an accident. I guess I'm owed yet another apology.

I get the feeling this is yet another case of your 'selective memory' kicking in, chegitz guevara. Care to document this instance of omniscience?

Comment

Well we still don't know for sure if Bush was serious, joking or if he even said those things.

But something fishy is going on that's for sure

Cabinet Office civil servant David Keogh has been charged under the Official Secrets Act of passing the memo to former Labour MP Tony Clarke's researcher Leo O'Connor.

Both men are due to appear at Bow Street Magistrates Court next week.

Last week Labour MP and former defence minister Peter Kilfoyle tabled a Commons motion calling for the memo to be made public.

He accused ministers of using the Official Secrets Act to save political embarrassment rather than protect national security as it is intended.

Mutual suspicion

Lord Goldsmith also denied the Act was being used to prevent political embarrassment.

"It is not being used to save the embarrassment of a politician. That is completely not the case at all."

He also refused to confirm the contents of the memo.

BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner says this latest row follows a history of tension and mutual suspicion between al-Jazeera and the US administration.

Many of al-Jazeera's employees have long been privately convinced that their offices in Kabul and Baghdad were deliberately targeted by the Pentagon in 2001 and 2003 respectively.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                              CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

You people really need to start listening to me.
                                Who said what now?!
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X