Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jazeera's studios

Originally posted by Sphinx871
    You all are clearly missing the most fascinating element of this developing story:
    You're my favorite DL

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

I'm sure even Fox News has shown sound bites of Osama's messages and even a dead american or two... ZOMG FOX IS TEH TERRIERS!!!

It does depend on the context in which the OBL videos are used. If AJ news is using the videos in the same context as other, respectable news do, then I have to eat my own words and take back what I said earlier.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

So despite your never having watched AJ, other people have to prove to you that isn't it endorsing terrorism through its broadcasts?

You're destined to be a conservative, MrFun.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Accursed DP.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Context is everything. Are they just reporting the news or are they hyping and promoting the death of the nonbelievers?
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

AFAIK just reporting a little more about the aftermath of GW2 from an Iraqi point of view. No jihadist crap from what I've seen, but a considerably more critical view of the reality there. That means that American/British military and govt. statements are not believed in default as is usually done in American or pro American media. So basicly just another perspective.
              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Although in the name of giving everyone a voice the views of the insurgents are explained and to a point understood in the context of guerilla warfare too. Terracts against the civilians are fairly cast and widely condemned by the talking heads.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
                  AFAIK just reporting a little more about the aftermath of GW2 from an Iraqi point of view. No jihadist crap from what I've seen, but a considerably more critical view of the reality there. That means that American/British military and govt. statements are not believed in default as is usually done in American or pro American media. So basicly just another perspective.
                  Is there any source you can provide a link to?

Comment

No, not really. other than maybe this http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage

All I said is based on my own viewing so...could be that I have missed something. My room mate has helped with the Arabic.

- Paul Valery

Comment

well please do provide link stating otherwise. I don't see how showing bodies of dead soldiers is anything out of the norm. Please turn on TV, it's there all the time. How is it different when AJ does it? It's really not, unless the viewer has their panties on a twist before watching it.

About terrorists showing secret messages through videos, well, the way I see it, AJ isn't the only one showing those videos. Seems to me other news stations are just jealous. Are they portrating more critical view? Absolutely. Might be even little anti-western. But then again, what's the problem with that?
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
                        No, not really.

All I said is based on my own viewing so...could be that I have missed something. My room mate has helped with the Arabic.
                        I guess I could get off my lazy ass and Google what I want to know about AJ.

Comment

yeah, I dont think a jihadist news station would be reporting news like this.

News, analysis from the Middle East & worldwide, multimedia & interactives, opinions, documentaries, podcasts, long reads and broadcast schedule.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

You're destined to be a conservative, MrFun.

Yeah -- I mean, that must explain why I have such a respectful avatar of our president now.

Comment

Mister Fun, why do you hate freedom???
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I started hating freedom ever since I got a hold of my very first sledgehammer.

Comment

Working...
                                X