Bush wanted to bomb Al-Jazeera's studios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
    Erm, the British government just did that. If the memo were nothing more than tabloid rumor and wasn't real, they wouldn't have bothered invoking the Official Secrets Act.

What remains to be seen is whether or not Bush honestly meant it as a joke.
    Read the second sentence realpolitic wrote.

Looks like MrFunism is spreading!
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I'm confused and hungry. I'm going to go play my bad-patched cIV and eat some bbq roastbeef sandwiches now...
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

Blair has openly threatened any media that would publish further information about the memo. Isn't that frightening?

Yep, that's the biggest proof of authenticity there is.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
          edit......

What remains to be seen is whether or not Bush honestly meant it as a joke.
          "No General - I said 'lets just nuke the ****ers' , it was a joke! I'm a head of state - so i couldn't possibly mean you to follow my orders on something like that could i?!"
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I'm still thinking this can't be true. It's too insane, even for Bush.

On the other hand, Serbian TV stations were targetted during the Kosovo campaign. Maybe this is just a 'logical extension' of that doctrine.

Comment

Americans would never bomb al-Jazeera, the very idea of it is completely abusrd!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I really hope that all this is a coincidence...
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

The Vice President is currently arguing for a torture expemption.

He's not just doing it secretly either, he's doing it in public.

At this point, anything is possible.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
                  Americans would never bomb al-Jazeera, the very idea of it is completely abusrd!

I really hope that all this is a coincidence...
                  I had never seen those stories before.

Now that you posted them, it is 100% probability that both the Afghanistan and the Baghdad offices were both intentionally targeted.

The missle just "happened" to hit the electical generator?

100% intentional.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

"post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Yep

We pretty much get a filter of what Europe sees

Especially back in 2003, the press was much more compliant about keeping these things queit than they are now.

Comment

I didn't know we were holding one of their cameramen in Guantanamo either:

------------------------------------------------------

Men and women stood outside Al-Jazeera's Doha, Qatar offices on Thursday holding signs in Arabic and in English, one reading "Don't bomb the messenger." Another sign read "Hostage of Truth" over a photo of Sami al-Hajj, an Al-Jazeera cameraman imprisoned at the U.S. military facility in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Al-Hajj was detained in Afghanistan, and the network has been asking for his release.

Employees staged similar protests at bureaus in Cairo, Beirut, and Ramallah, with banners condemning U.S. President George Bush.

Comment

Why does the Bush Administration hate free speach?
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

You were probably too busy posting Britney pictures in the threads where the rest of us were discussing those attacks.

USA USA USA !!!!

Last edited by Chemical Ollie; November 25, 2005, 16:48.
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Ted, you prolly just missed that part of the news, it was pretty big news then... I'm sure they didn't miss that one in there.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'm still no Al Jazerra fan, they are the middle east equivalent of Fox News.

But bombing their studios is obviously criminal.

Comment

Working...
                                X